can my device use this package?

Talk about the project itself, the community, where we are and what we need. Great place to introduce yourself and make friends as well.

can my device use this package?

Postby speerless » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:09 am

hello,My arm device is TI Davinci dm355,the kernel is 'linux 2.6.32',can i use the package supplied below:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/nagios-nrpe/
I am new here ,so forgive my idiot,thanks for your help!
speerless

Re: can my device use this package?

Postby xenoxaos » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:21 pm

AUR doesn't actually contain any packages, just instructions for makepkg to make a package. It appears that someone built it for RPi, so it should work for yours. You'll just have to build it with $this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'makepkg -A')
Arch Linux ARM exists and continues to grow through community support, please donate today!
xenoxaos
Developer

Postby speerless » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:13 am

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('xenoxaos', 'A')UR doesn't actually contain any packages, just instructions for makepkg to make a package. It appears that someone built it for RPi, so it should work for yours. You'll just have to build it with $this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'makepkg -A')

I am not sure whether my device had installed the arch ,so can my device use the command "makepkg"?,if my device's os isn't the arch ,then i can't use this method,can i?
please help me ,i am really need your help,thank you!
speerless

Postby WarheadsSE » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:18 pm

I can't help you. Your device is obviously not running Arch, therefore, makepkg will not work. Makepkg is an Arch specific build system script.
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Return to Community