Pulseaudio-guidance on AM5728

Ask questions about Arch Linux ARM. Please search before making a new topic.

Pulseaudio-guidance on AM5728

Postby vidhyahanumanth » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:18 am

Hello Everyone,
Firstly apology for the lengthy topic here,
I am working in embedded Linux domain. One of our client is working pulse audio related qt application on arm 5728 board. Where his application throwed errors at starting as follows:
1.Unable to contact D-Bus: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Not Supported: Unable to autolaunch a dbus-daemon without a $DISPLAY for X11
To solve this i builded pulseaudio library using bitbake method for am5728 with compiler gcc-linaro tool chain.
2.Well that issue solved by installing the ipk files one by one using command "opkg install *.ipk" followed by some client.conf file changing.
3.After that pulse audio related error messages gone now i have no any other proper thing to check the pulse audio so i used "paplay" command to check the pulse audio is loaded or not.
4.Where then i got following error:
Connection failure: Connection refused
pa_context_connect() failed: Connection refused

5.To solve this i did command "pulseaudio --start"
Then again i tried paplay file.wav
then it worked.
6.But this way is expecting me to start the service manually every time after boot up.
7.To start this i tried to create startup script which not yeilded any thing.
8.Then i taken back up of the os content and i copied to another sd card which is also same in nature. There i try to use systemctl --user enable pulseaudio.service [Since pulseaudio.service is present under the /usr/lib/systemed/user] where i got error as below.
No such file/directory like that
So after doing all these i got confused with few things.
1.Is after installing the packages in OS and if back up is taken the same image to other sd card, will config files get change? If so how to reinstall those config files in new image.
2.Is any guidance for completely understanding pulseaudio service related to arm ?
3.Is there any way to stop pulseaudio.service in user mode and start as system mode i.e not under /usr/lib/systemed/user but /etc/systemed/system/
4.what is difference between system control of user and system?
5. Is there any way to confirm pulse audio is installed? How to check pulse audio service is executing or installed?
Please some one help in this regard. Please suggest us a easy way to start pulse audio.service automatically with out any manual command execution.

Thanks & Regards
A.N.V.Lavanya
vidhyahanumanth

Re: Pulseaudio-guidance on AM5728

Postby summers » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:59 am

.ipk is a debian package, not arch. So are you using debian? If so you'll need to ask on a debian forum. In arch pulse audio is set up as a systemd service, and started under that. But how debian does it I can't say ...
summers

Postby vidhyahanumanth » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:05 pm

But i am not understanding why you say like this i builded pulse audio package for arm board using cross compiler tool chain of gcc-linaro.Then it generated many folders but according to one forum chain in texas forum i copied usr folder content to target and also installed ipk files using opkg install.
This instruction mentioned in texas forum for arm board. But you are saying it is not related to arm ..i am confused a bit . Also while installing it doesn't throwed any error to me on arm board.
Please clarify me in regard.
Thanks & Regards
A.N.V.Lavanya
vidhyahanumanth

Postby summers » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:57 pm

I am saying you seem to be using debian arm: https://www.debian.org/ports/arm/

This is a forum for arch arm.

arch=/=debian they each implement the linux operating system in different ways.

Under arch pulse audio is started by systemd, but what debian does - I don't know. I don't use debian (well its a virtual machine on my chromebook ....).
summers

Postby vidhyahanumanth » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:00 am

Can you please help me so where should i post about my issue.

Thanks & Regards
A.N.V.Lavanya
vidhyahanumanth

Postby summers » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:49 am

Try https://forums.debian.net/ also read https://wiki.debian.org/PulseAudio - note sounds like only Debian 9 and later uses systemd, which auto starts pulse audio; Debian 8 and earlier don't have an auto start ...
summers

Return to User Questions