Installing Arch Linux on a Nano PC T1 board

Ask questions about Arch Linux ARM. Please search before making a new topic.

Installing Arch Linux on a Nano PC T1 board

Postby lanceharvie » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:18 am

Hi Moonman,

You responded to a question about installing Arch Linux on a Nano PC T1 board.

"Your own kernel + any archlinuxarm armv7h tarball will work. Existing kernel might work if it meets requirements for systemd."

Could you please explain this in a little more detail. I'm also attempting to install Arch Linux on a Nano PC T1

Hey,

Take a multi generic rootfs, untargz to the boot device. Now take the kernel for your device and replace the one that came with the rootfs. All modules go into /lib/modules

Now the tricky part is to boot that kernel. The easiest way is to place the kernel where the bootloader already expects it. (i.e. if you have another os that boots, put the kernel in the same directroy as with that OS).

Be aware that minimum kernel version for systemd is 3.7 afaik. Anything lower and things will start to break.

Nope, that's not what I am saying.

Backup the kernel + modules from the existing install of ubutnu. Remove everything from the drive (or format). Not extract the tarball (is your device aarch64, or armv7? ) now replace the kernel with the one you backed up. Let's move this conversation to the forum.

Samsung Exynos4412 ARM Cortex-A9 processor so ARMv7
lanceharvie

Re: Installing Arch Linux on a Nano PC T1 board

Postby lanceharvie » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:30 am

My only concern is how does this work with the device drivers for this board?

Can the Arch Linux install still use the Ubuntu device drivers ?
lanceharvie

Re: Installing Arch Linux on a Nano PC T1 board

Postby moonman » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:35 pm

Kernel is where where the drivers are,
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Return to User Questions