Inforce 6540 / Booting Arch

Ask questions about Arch Linux ARM. Please search before making a new topic.

Inforce 6540 / Booting Arch

Postby teganburns » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:11 am

Hey all,

I'm trying to get my Inforce 6540 dev board up and running with Arch but I haven't worked with ARM systems much before so it's been difficult. The board has a Snapdragon 805 ARMv7 processor, some USB ports, GPIO, and more significantly boot selector switches. (which I can hopefully use to boot from a microSD card) I want to try to either flash the board or just boot from an external device.

I really haven't seen it to be possible yet with Arch but all the instructions for loading Android or Linaro/Ubuntu involve using fastboot. The main problem there is I have no idea how to make the separate .img files that are required for fastboot?? Is this a feasible option?

Plan B is trying to write the system to a microSD card and boot from that. So far I haven't been able to successfully write to the microSD card due to, symlink errors, user permission errors, ect. I'll have to try again in the morning with a fresh mind but if anyone has any pointers don't hold em' back.

If I end up finding a solution I'll be sure to post it here! Thanks!
(I saw I wasn't the only one having issues https://archlinuxarm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10481)
teganburns

Return to User Questions