halp

Ask questions about Arch Linux ARM. Please search before making a new topic.

halp

Postby Zeka » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:24 am

I posted earlier about the Hisense c11 tutorial not working. I've continuously been trying different things with no luck.

This is my eighth time trying Linux on anything and I'm starting to lose interest and about to just buy a cable so I can use windows for my project.
I want to give Arch Linux a chance for this and be able to offer Arch Linux as an option to my future customers when my device is available, but this is proving to be a bust.

Ubuntu, Unity, whatever I don't care. I just need something that will load up Wine so I can launch PaintTool SAI. Any help is appreciated.
Zeka

Re: halp

Postby moonman » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:38 am

Well, you have picked the wrong architecture if you want to run wine. Wine is translation layer (and not an emulator) that allows you to run windows programs on linux x86. Windows runs on x86/x86_64 so does the software compiled for it. If you are lucky you might get something out of qemu (i.e. emulating x86 hardware on arm) and then maybe you will be able to run wine in qemu but oh boy will it be slow.
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Return to User Questions