Any help to a newb here (Rpi3)

Ask questions about Arch Linux ARM. Please search before making a new topic.

Any help to a newb here (Rpi3)

Postby AsensioSolar » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:51 am

Hi, today I wanted to install ArchLinux ARM on my Raspberry pi 3 model B, and I think i succeed on installing it on the SD after many attemps, and to be honest, it's been really difficult for me cause' I come from Debian and it's jus easier.
Well, the fact is, I got the Archlinux installed on the SD, installed it by these steps:
https://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv ... berry-pi-3
And succeeded till step 8, where I can't connect my Rpi via ethernet because I haven't got any eth. cable and wanted it to work via Wifi.
Now, I've got a microSD with archlinux installed, but it boots at command console, then I get in with "root" and then passwd "root" and don't know what to do, and yes, I've looked for it and I can't get something out, I don't know how to use or install the GUI, and then how to use it like I was using raspbian...
Yes, I know that maybe I shouldn't have installed it because I'm quite new at Linux, but I thought it would be easier.
Haven't found anything on internet, so I beg you to give me some help to use or install the GUI to use it like a mini pc as I was using it on raspbian.
Thanks and sorry about my English.
AsensioSolar

Re: Any help to a newb here (Rpi3)

Postby moonman » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:30 am

Read archwiki https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ge ... mendations

A lot of it is related to archlinux arm. You have to be familiar with command line to use archlinux (arm).
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Re: Any help to a newb here (Rpi3)

Postby AsensioSolar » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:37 pm

So, when I get arch to the SD, I should install it as the desktop arch?
And thanks!
AsensioSolar

Return to User Questions