utorrent install

Ask questions about Arch Linux ARM. Please search before making a new topic.

utorrent install

Postby ant129 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:43 am

Anyone successfully installed utorrent for archlinux arm? I found two different versions in the archlinux repository "utorrent" and "utorrent-server" both required dependencies that I couldn't install. (utorrent -wine) (server -lib32-glibc, plus a few more)

I also tried just extracting the actual linux build from utorrent.com but that did work either.

Any other ideas?

I tried transmission, wasn't impressed. I use utorrent now on my PC, love it.
Noob alert!
Pogoplug v2 (not pink but grey)
Subsonic
ant129

Re: utorrent install

Postby kmihelich » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:19 am

Given that you use uTorrent, I'd assume you'd know it wasn't open source, and that there are only x86 binary releases.
Mystery: solved.

Everyone else, myself included, seems satisfied with either transmission or deluge. Things generally aren't awesome out of the box, it's what you make them become that leads to excellence.
Arch Linux ARM exists and continues to grow through community support, please donate today!
kmihelich
Developer

Postby ant129 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:18 pm

You will have to forgive my noobness, this is my first Linux OS and I am only two weeks in. No I didn't think about it not being open source. The main thing I like about utorrent was the scheduler feature and the fact I could move the torrent files automagically after they were downloaded and still seed from the new location. I imagine I could set that up on the ones you mentioned but didn't see the options built in and knew they existed for utorrent.
Noob alert!
Subsonic
ant129

Postby ant129 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:06 am

Ah so this gets transmission a little closer to what I am use to http://code.google.com/p/transmisson-remote-gui/.

You can run the remote gui from your PC, (information for other noobs).
Noob alert!
Subsonic
ant129

Postby pepedog » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:48 am

I use built in web interface of transmission, an flexget for scheduling
There are scripts to do things after torrent finishes, Inc unrar
pepedog
Developer

Postby slycat » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:49 pm

@ant129
The transmission install available in the repos has a crude scheduler (only one rule set daily), but if you need some more configuration what pepedog suggested works great too. If you follow the install instructions from this site you can see in the settings.json file that you can kickstart a script once a file has been downloaded. It's a change from utorrent, but still works great.
Deluge is another great one, perfect for seedboxes, but I haven't used it before so I can't vouch for it. My two cents: try out transmission first and if you're not happy try Deluge :)
Pogoplug Pro w/ Wireless User -> decomm.
Cubox-i4pro User
4TB eSATA HDD (8g/3700+ Sw/Storage)
Kodi / Transmission / Minidlna / Samba / Batch-audio-conversions / Lighttpd
------------------------------
Rollback Machine - Thanks to impatt
slycat

Return to User Questions