Mounting an Apple Time Capsule for Torrentflux

Ask questions about Arch Linux ARM. Please search before making a new topic.

Mounting an Apple Time Capsule for Torrentflux

Postby biohead » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:11 pm

I am very much a linux newbie, but I have repeated the processes several times to get used to install Arch, setting up apache, php and mysql and getting an install of torrentflux up and running.

I use a Pogoplug B02, with a 2GB flash drive. With a 512mb swapfile, I've just about filled that disk up and so thought it would be nice to mount my Apple Time Capsule as a volume and use that for Torrentflux to download to.

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'sudo mount.cifs //192.168.1.1/'Time Capsule'/Download /mnt/capsule -o -pass=p4ssw0rd')
If I use Cyberduck to SFTP into the plug, I can see the mnt/capsule folder and it reflects exactly whats in that location on the time capsule. So I've gathered it's mounted correctly.

When trying to setup torrentflux to download to that path, it shows me as the "Path is not Valid'.

Is torrentflux unable to access this volume due to itself or have I set this up wrong? Is there a method to do this using fstab so it loads on bootup?
Last edited by biohead on Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
biohead

Re: Mounting an Apple Time Capsule for Torrentflux

Postby WarheadsSE » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:14 pm

Check the mount type (rw/ro) as well as permissions for the torrentflux user, etc.
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby kmihelich » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:31 pm

Some applications also don't like spaces in paths. Try creating a symlink from the user's home directory to the base of the mount. And also make sure that the user can write to it. Sometimes all that's needed is for the user to be added to the appropriate group.
Arch Linux ARM exists and continues to grow through community support, please donate today!
kmihelich
Developer

Postby biohead » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:56 pm

Mount type is rw.
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'mount -l
//192.168.1.1/TimeCapsule/Downloads on /mnt/capsule type cifs (rw)
')

HTTP user has write permissions to the /www folder, a symlink has been set to /www/download from the capsule.

Using SFTP, I can see my TC files under /mnt/capsule and /www/download, but torrentflux returns a path not valid error.
biohead

Postby kmihelich » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:08 pm

Try seeing if you can enable any kind of verbose error logging?
Arch Linux ARM exists and continues to grow through community support, please donate today!
kmihelich
Developer

Postby biohead » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:03 am

Are these permissions set correctly?

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '[user@pogo mnt]$ ls -l
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root 0 Jul 9 11:57 capsule')
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '[user@pogo capsule]$ ls -l
total 3908
-rwxr-xr-x 0 root root 4000907 May 18 17:04 test.mp3
')

I thought they were set correct, but when using CyberDuck to try to rename that mp3, it wouldn't let me. Either as user or root. Although I was able to download it to my laptops desktop using it. Cyberducks error is: $this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'SSH Error - Cannot rename test.mp3
No Such file (SSH_FX_NO_SUCH_FILE - A reference was made to a file which doesn't exist)')

The share must be setup correctly, as without the password nothing is accessible. I can see my files and download them.
biohead

Postby biohead » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:47 am

The logs in torrentflux itself are pretty basic. But this is of notice:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'torrent ERROR Error -- /www/download/ is not writable. 192.168.1.100 07/10/11 11:07 am')

On the admin page, it's now showing there's 800+Gb of disk space - so clearly can see the disk.
Everytime the TF page updates (every 60s), if the Time Capsule hard disk has spun down, I can hear it spinning up again and the TF homepage hangs until the disk is upto speed.

I'm currently mounting the share automatically through fstab using this line:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '//192.168.1.1/TimeCapsule/Downloads /www/download cifs user=tcuser,pass=p4ssw0rd,rw,uid=http,gid=http 0 0
')

As you can see in the screenshot, it's saying the path isn't valid.
Attachments
Screen shot 2011-07-10 at 11.38.33.png
Screen shot 2011-07-10 at 11.38.33.png (26.43 KiB) Viewed 8622 times
biohead

Postby biohead » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:03 pm

I seem to have cracked it... or at least got it partially working as every now and again it will return the error.

If I set the download folder as the root of the symlink (/mnt/capsule) I get the error. BUT if I set the download folder as /mnt/capsule/Downloads it seems to like this method.

So now //192.168.1.1/TimeCapsule mounts to /mnt/capsule, and I have all my TC folders showing in /mnt/capsule.
biohead

Re: [RESOLVED]Mounting an Apple Time Capsule for Torrentflux

Postby biohead » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:20 pm

Nope... still having problems with "path not valid" :|
biohead

Return to User Questions