Mixxx-Package

Ask questions about Arch Linux ARM. Please search before making a new topic.

Mixxx-Package

Postby b2ag » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:17 pm

Hi,

I was wondering why Mixxx isn't pre-build in Arch ARM. I did build it successfully a year ago for armv7h to use on Raspberry Pi 2 (or 3?). I don't remember if I had to fix anything, but I'm about to build it again as I updated the system and now want to compile against newest protobuf library. Downgrading protobuf proofed to work but still I want the newest versions, always :)

I think I've used a copy of the root filesystem from said Raspberry Pi on a desktop PC and arch-chrooted into it (with help of qemu-arm-static). Than I've told Yaourt to compile AUR's Mixxx-git because I wanted to use some features from the 2.0 version of Mixxx. Cross-compiling and compiling on target hardware didn't work out for me. Cross-compiling was complicated to setup and I think I even had issues with the final binary crashing. Compiling on target hardware was either an issues of nor enough RAM (building in /tmp) or the kernel complaining about the SD card hanging (when building in $HOME).

Currently I've doing ruffly the same (qemu-arm-static on desktop with updated target rootfs), but using Trizen instead of Yaourt :)
Will keep you updated if it's working or not, but fact is, the 1-year-ago version did work well. I had to enable experimental 3d support for it to be gentle on the CPU, but in the end it worked.

Still I don't want to take the effort on compiling Mixxx if I don't have to. What can I do to get the Mixxx package compiled by Arch Linux ARM's build farm?

Br,
b2ag
b2ag

Re: Mixxx-Package

Postby b2ag » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:56 pm

I was able to compile Mixxx-git without any hacks with (chroot with qemu). Didn't compile the original Arch Linux Mixxx package because of laziness.
b2ag

Return to User Questions