"User is not in the sudoers file"

Ask questions about Arch Linux ARM. Please search before making a new topic.

"User is not in the sudoers file"

Postby JohnPiers » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:25 pm

Hope this is in the right place, apologies if it's not. I was wondering if you guys could help me with something? I have a headless Raspberry Pi running Archlinux ARM. I was trying to "chown" a file and and just couldn't get it to work . So I started to mess with '/etc/group' and added my user name in front of one of the lines and now when I try to use sudo it tells me "johnpiers is not in the sudoers file" I'm obviously the user johnpiers. Is there a way of getting around this? I'm can still connect to the Pi from my PC when I need to login via ssh after exiting. Thanks in advance. Piers
JohnPiers

Re: "User is not in the sudoers file"

Postby JohnPiers » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:10 pm

Thanks, I'm not really to sure to whom, there do not ever seem to be many members here. :D I managed to solve the problem.

This can be considered closed.
JohnPiers

Re: "User is not in the sudoers file"

Postby summers » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:34 pm

Yes, with general arch problems (as this one may have been) its easier to ask on the main arch site, because just as you say, there are so few people active here on the arm site.

Guess those of us that are active, mainly focus on the arm specific problems. Like uboot, and getting arch onto a new device.

[and for others, answer to the original question, is to edit the /etc/sudoers file ...]
summers

Return to User Questions