Gettting alarm source code and installing

Ask questions about Arch Linux ARM. Please search before making a new topic.

Gettting alarm source code and installing

Postby yonut27 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:02 am

Hi,

I'm very interested in compiling the source code to omxplayer. I am aware it is being deprecated, but once I've install, it will never be updated, so it's ok.

But I tried to do it from the source:
https://github.com/popcornmix/omxplayer/

But the instructions only describe doing the compiling from a 'raspbian' flavour (apt-get by running './prepare-native-raspbian.sh'), and the package names are not the same. I would like to see if I can get the arch linux arm source code for omxplayer.

So I decided to try to follow the instructions anyway, and fix any errors encountered. Way over my head, but am still trying.

The first error I have not been able to resolve is:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '$ make ffmpeg')
config.log:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'gcc -D_ISOC99_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=200112 -D_XOP>
/tmp/ffconf.0WsPUAky.c:1:10: fatal error: libsmbclient.h: No such file or directory
1 | #include <libsmbclient.h>
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
ERROR: smbclient not found
')

But I have smbclient installed (even though I don't want/need it.
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '$ which smbclient
/usr/bin/smbclient
')

And the header file is there:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', ' $ find / -name libsmbclient.h
/usr/include/samba-4.0/libsmbclient.h')

Can someone please help me shed some light on this? Or if there's another way that I haven't come across to do this.

All I want to do is change 4 values and comment out 4 lines. I have done this before in the 'raspbian' flavour, so i know it could be done. The things I change are all in one file (omxplayer.cpp), I don't know if that would change what I'm trying to do.

Any help is extremely appreciated, as not being able to edit omxplayer source would be a deal breaker to using arch linux arm for my RPi3.
yonut27

Re: Gettting alarm source code and installing

Postby moonman » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:40 am

Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Re: Gettting alarm source code and installing

Postby yonut27 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:26 pm

Ty for your reply and help.

I was able to use the link to download the patch and the PKGBUILD files. I was able to run 'makepkg' successfully without errors.

But it looks like it goes and grabs the needed files and compiles and installs them. There doesn't seem to be a chance to edit the files before compiling.

Is there a way I can put a break in the process, between downloading and compiling? For a chance to edit the needed file?

++++++++

Ok, I figured out I could edit the PKGBUILD file. Went to the install patch function, and at the end of the functions I added $this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'sleep 100') which gave me enough time to make the needed changes to the file. I guess in hindsight, I could have the file pre-edited and instead of a sleep command I could just copy the file over.

Ty for your useful link and response.
yonut27

Return to User Questions