Can I install Caliber package on NanopiM2V2 SBC

Ask questions about Arch Linux ARM. Please search before making a new topic.

Can I install Caliber package on NanopiM2V2 SBC

Postby IAmNobody » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:44 pm

I don't fully understand what is Archlinux?

My goal is to install Caliber on my nanopiM4V2 SBC running Armbian Buster.

Sorry but I have to ask...I need some guidance...Can I use this Caliber package (https://archlinuxarm.org/packages/aarch64/calibre) ?

Thanks
IAmNobody

Re: Can I install Caliber package on NanopiM2V2 SBC

Postby robg » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:34 am

Dear IAmNobody,

ArchLinux - in this case ArchLinux ARM (ALARM) - is a bare-bones operating system that provides a linux kernel (to support your hardware) and a package manager (think AppStore; a systematic way of installing software).

Armbian is a different operating system that comes with a different package manager. As such, the package/software format of ALARM is not compatible with that of Armbian, and you won't be able to directly install software prepared for ALARM. However, Armbian is based on Debian which is an operating system with a vast selection of compatible packages; calibre, for example, is available here (make sure to download the package matching the architecture of your kernel, arm64 or armhf.)

Please note that we won't be able to assist you with the installation of Debian packages. For that, please consult with the Armbian community.
robg

Re: Can I install Caliber package on NanopiM2V2 SBC

Postby IAmNobody » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:16 am

Dear Robg,

Great answer...

With your help, I now understand what Archlinux is all about and as a bonus, you pointed me in the right direction.

Thank you for your time.

Cheers,
IAmNobody

Return to User Questions