[SOLVED] key for builder@archlinuxarm.org problem

Ask questions about Arch Linux ARM. Please search before making a new topic.

[SOLVED] key for builder@archlinuxarm.org problem

Postby fhteagle » Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:55 pm

Greetings all, Arch user for a couple of years on amd64, but relatively recent Arch Linux Arm convert here.

On my Raspberry Pi (3B I think this one is?) with Arch Linux Arm, aarch64, I am getting a package signing error that I just cannot figure out. There are two packages that refuse to install, with error "signature from "Arch Linux ARM Build System <builder@archlinuxarm.org>" is invalid". No other packages give this error, only ones for builder @ archlinuxarm.org . I vaguely recall seeing this error pop up in the past, but went away / proceeded to install later before I had a chance to check on it. But this time, linux-firmware has been uninstallable for over a week, and I would definitely like to be on the latest version of this due to usb wifi card drivers. I am not having this issue on my other Pis, one is also a 3B (might be a 3B+, can't remember) and one a 4B, both also on archlinuxarm aarch64.

Things I have tried to fix it:
0. Manually delete and wget'd the package and .sig files for each package with the error from a repo server to /var/lib/pacman/sync/
1. pacman-key --init
2a. pacman-key --populate archlinuxarm [also archlinux, and endeavouros]
2b. pacman -Sy archlinxuarm-keyring [ also archlinux-keyring and endeavouros-keyring ]
3. pacman-key --refresh-keys
4. pacman-key --recv-keys (against each of the subkeys given by pacman-key --list-sigs builder )
Relevant outputs here:make_clickable_callback(MAGIC_URL_FULL, ' ', 'https://pastebin.com/Bpd9gtBL', '', ' class="postlink"') . Trying against keyserver pgp.mit.edu always hangs for as long as I let it run for some reason.

5. repeat 1-4 as actual root user instead of via sudo
6. archived /etc/pacman.d/gnupg and repeated items 1 to 5

Possibly related, possibly not, I am also having issues with ssh sessions to this machine hanging for 1-5 seconds, or error out by disconnecting with "broken pipe" randomly but consistently. Also, randomly one of the .db files (extra.db, core.db), etc will be unreadable, but clears up after manually deleting it from /var/lib/pacman/sync and redoing pacman -Syu . Common cause could be bad microsd card?

Is anyone else having issues with packages signed bybuilder @ archlinuxarm.org ? If so, what did you/do you do to fix it?

Thanks
Last edited by fhteagle on Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
fhteagle

Re: Package signatures/key for builder@archlinuxarm.org prob

Postby fhteagle » Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:11 pm

If it helps, contents of certificate revocation file for the key included in previous error messages is here:make_clickable_callback(MAGIC_URL_FULL, ' ', 'https://pastebin.com/0jXgHcg1', '', ' class="postlink"')
fhteagle

Re: Package signatures/key for builder@archlinuxarm.org prob

Postby fhteagle » Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:44 pm

Well the 5th? attempt to clear this problem seems to have been successful.

Computers, where the definition of insanity does not apply.

In case anyone else runs into this, the solution for me was to follow

make_clickable_callback(MAGIC_URL_FULL, ' ', 'https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Pacman/Package_signing#Resetting_all_the_keys', '', ' class="postlink"') STRICTLY (including only doing # pacman-key --populate , without any other arguments), followed by

# pacman -Syyu , let it delete any broken locally cached packages (answer Y to delete prompt), then
# pacman -Syyu again.

Still having the ssh broken pipe issues, but I will start another thread about that with more details.
fhteagle

Return to User Questions