Nginx vs Apache

Ask questions about Arch Linux ARM. Please search before making a new topic.

Re: Nginx vs Apache

Postby WarheadsSE » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:20 pm

So then, the passenger module is at fault, not nginx ?
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby devr » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:33 pm

I do not think it was that module. I didn't even really know what the module was, had to look it up. Since I saw had to do with rails, I wasn't all that interested in trying to figure out how to satisfy that dependency since it did not seem to be in the pacman repository and would need to do more manual installation, especially since I don't do rails.

In my mind I was chalking it up to a difference between version 1.0.6-2 (in arch repo), and 1.0.11 (latest stable). I could grab 1.0.6 and try a manual config if people are interested if the error returns....
devr

Postby greenfly » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:26 am

@devr:
So compiling manually addressed both issues? The accept4() syscall and the signal11 problems?
Maybe we could do a little nginx 'getting started' and put it into the Guide section of the homepage?
greenfly

Postby devr » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:26 am

@greenfly:

Yes after compiling everything worked perfectly. I just tried the 1.0.12 version. First I tried the package installed by pacman. I tested on a directory that is reversed proxied, immediately got the signal 11 errors again. So downloaded sourced, and followed the compile info I post earlier, and everything works just fine again.

Have to say nginx is an awesome little webserver, worth the effort.
devr

Postby devr » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:40 am

Question to the general population that uses nginx.

I am doing a reverse proxy setup with nginx to subsonic. One of the options I am using for the URI I am proxying is "limit_rate 100k;". This is because I do not have a super fast internet connection, and I would prefer my connection get maxed out. So if my understanding is right, nginx will make the request tot he backend and pull it as quickly as it can. nginx will then temporarily spool it to a file, and service the client at the 'limit_rate' directive rate. When I take a look at my /var/log/nginx/error.log I see:$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '2012/02/16 20:32:22 [warn] 14470#0: *702 an upstream response is buffered to a temporary file /var/spool/nginx/proxy_temp/9/00/0000000009 while reading upstream, client:......')

So from the log entry looks as I expect it. But if I do an ls on the temporary file mentioned in the log, the file does not exist. If I do a 'find /var/spool/nginx -type f" there aren't any files at all. So I am kinda at a loss.... why isn't there a temporary spool file ?
devr

Previous

Return to User Questions