Plug Computer newbee question

Ask questions about Arch Linux ARM. Please search before making a new topic.

Plug Computer newbee question

Postby Technologeek » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:02 pm

Hi all - hoping you can help

I'm looking for a plug computer that would allow me to connect all computer peripherals such as screen, keyboard, mouse, headset. I was wondering if any plug that has a USB connection, would allow me to connect all of the above. Would I need any specific build or drivers for this?

Thanks,
David
Technologeek

Re: Plug Computer newbee question

Postby WarheadsSE » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:06 pm

I strongly suggest on of the v7 boards, or the soon to be released Raspberry Pi : they were meant for that.
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby Technologeek » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:24 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('WarheadsSE', 'I') strongly suggest on of the v7 boards, or the soon to be released Raspberry Pi : they were meant for that.

Thanks man - the Raspberry Pi looks amazingly like what I'm looking for! Can you please point me at a V7 board system? basically I'm looking for complete system and not a board that I would need to find a case for.

Cheers
Technologeek

Postby kmihelich » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:31 pm

For an as-is system that's ready to go with case and everything, the TrimSlice is about as good as you'll get. Most of the boards we support are development boards with cases made by third parties, if at all.
Arch Linux ARM exists and continues to grow through community support, please donate today!
kmihelich
Developer

Postby Technologeek » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:11 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('kmihelich', 'F')or an as-is system that's ready to go with case and everything, the TrimSlice is about as good as you'll get. Most of the boards we support are development boards with cases made by third parties, if at all.

Had a deep look at TrimSlice and will give the folks a call on Sunday. It does however seem a bit pricy compared to other solutions.

Thanks alot,
David
Technologeek

Postby kmihelich » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:32 pm

$200 is the typical price for a Cortex-A9 system, with $125-150 being about the range for slower A8 systems. All the rest don't come with cases, or usually even power supplies.
Arch Linux ARM exists and continues to grow through community support, please donate today!
kmihelich
Developer

Postby pepedog » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:24 pm

pepedog
Developer

Return to User Questions