Need help getting started

Ask questions about Arch Linux ARM. Please search before making a new topic.

Re: Need help getting started

Postby kws » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:10 am

Thanks BinaryJay
I set it up that way and think it's working. I can see the second flashdrive however when I try to copy a large file (movie) it seems to always crash ...... may be an issue with the formatting. Will keep experimenting.
Thanks
kws

Postby BinaryJay » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:58 am

What do you mean by "crash"?
BinaryJay

Postby kws » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:49 pm

When I try to copy the file to the flashdrive, I get an error message "Problem accessing P:\FLASHDRIVE". I tried a different drive and it worked well so think it must be the flashdrive.

Just to check first, I rebooted the box. Now I have another question. The other drives I connect to the Arch Linux ARM install are now showing as duplicate file folders - the new ones indicate they are empty. What I have connected is a 16 Gig USB flashdrive that is the boot disk; a 4 gig USB flashdrive - label FLASHDRIVE; and an external harddrive with 2 partitions.

What I see on the Arch Linux ARM install from my WIN 7 laptop is:

FLASHDRIVE (assume this the the 4 gig flashdrive that I can't copy to)
HD-sdb1 (shows empty - not sure what it is)
HD-sdb5 (this is the 1st partition of the external drive - can browse and all is there)
HD-sdb6 (this is the 2nd partition of the external drive - can browse and all is there)
HD-sdc1 (appeared after reboot - shows empty)
HD-sdc5 (appeared after reboot - shows empty)
HD-sdc6 (appeared after reboot - shows empty)
Movies (folder I had created on the boot disk - can browse and all I copied there remains)

Thanks for all the help!
kws

Previous

Return to User Questions