error: 'samba': could not find or read package

Ask questions about Arch Linux ARM. Please search before making a new topic.

error: 'samba': could not find or read package

Postby coastal » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:24 am

I'm trying to install samba on what is a fresh pogolinux install but it's failing on a rubberband error. I'm not sure why this is being asked for as it doesn't seem relevant.

I was getting terrible performance with my samba install and didn't the knowledge to find the fault. So I decided to start from scratch again. So with a fresh install I tried 'pacman -Sy samba avahi' but was told to upgrade pacman. Pacman would upgrade on it's own and a thread on ArchLinux's forum suggested a forced upgrade of pacman (pacman -Sf pam).

and that takes me to the following... Any help would be truly appreciated.

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '[root@Arch Linux ARM install media]# pacman -Syu
:: Synchronizing package databases...
core is up to date
extra is up to date
community is up to date
aur is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade...
error: could not open file /var/lib/pacman/sync/extra/rubberband-1.5.0-1/desc: No such file or directory
error: could not open file /var/lib/pacman/sync/extra/rubberband-1.5.0-1/desc: No such file or directory
there is nothing to do
[root@Arch Linux ARM install media]# pacman -Sy samba avahi
:: Synchronizing package databases...
core is up to date
extra is up to date
community is up to date
aur is up to date
error: could not open file /var/lib/pacman/sync/extra/rubberband-1.5.0-1/depends: Input/output error
error: 'samba': could not find or read package')
coastal

Re: error: 'samba': could not find or read package

Postby WarheadsSE » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:41 pm

pacman -Scc answer yes, yes

Try again.
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Return to User Questions