Newbie questions about Arch Linux ARM install

Ask questions about Arch Linux ARM. Please search before making a new topic.

Newbie questions about Arch Linux ARM install

Postby Parsa » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:36 am

Hi everyone,

Many thanks to you all for the wonderful work. I got a pogoplug yesterday and I can't wait to install Arch Linux ARM install on it. However I am not very experienced with linux (mostly just ubuntu home use and a bit of VPS management) so I am a bit anxious about going all cl and installing packages myself. So I had a couple of questions:

1- I noticed that Arch Linux ARM install has moved to a rolling release. Does this mean when PlugUI is released it will be available automatically when one updates it?

2- I noticed a few people having issues with samba - is it possible to include this package by default? I think most people if not all would want this by default right?

3- When is the next version (i.e. with PlugUI) expected?

4- I would like to volunteer to help out maybe with press releases/wiki maintenance/graphics design/or whatever else.. is there anywhere to sign up?

Thanks again
PogoPlug v2 Pink
Parsa

Re: Newbie questions about Arch Linux ARM install

Postby WarheadsSE » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:51 pm

All packages are user-selected beyond the basic requirements to boot and connect to the device.

We're still working on PlugUI, and trust us, we'll make it known when it's done. It will install via pacman, just like all the rest.

As for signing up? Come on in to the irc channel, and if/when we can use the help, or you want to discuss projects/goals, we'll be around.
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby kmihelich » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:27 pm

We can always use some help with web/graphics design. Like WarheadsSE said, find us in IRC, #Arch Linux ARM on irc.freenode.net.
Arch Linux ARM exists and continues to grow through community support, please donate today!
kmihelich
Developer

Postby Parsa » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:53 am

Great, thanks. I am idling there as Parsa__ :)
PogoPlug v2 Pink
Parsa

Return to User Questions