[RESOLVED] Step missing from Goflex Net install guide

Talk about the project itself, the community, where we are and what we need. Great place to introduce yourself and make friends as well.

[RESOLVED] Step missing from Goflex Net install guide

Postby JustinPM » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:48 pm

In the install guide for the Goflex Net it has portions where you use Jeff Doozan's UBIT tools but it doesn't say anything about installing CPIO before it. Every time I've tried to use ubit_start it simply will not work until after cpio has been installed and every time I've installed Arch it hasn't been a package installed from the very beginning. Just figured it might help someone out at some point.
JustinPM

Re: Step missing from Goflex Net install guide

Postby vargalex » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:03 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('JustinPM', 'I')n the install guide for the Goflex Net it has portions where you use Jeff Doozan's UBIT tools but it doesn't say anything about installing CPIO before it. Every time I've tried to use ubit_start it simply will not work until after cpio has been installed and every time I've installed Arch it hasn't been a package installed from the very beginning. Just figured it might help someone out at some point.

Hi!

On the installation page in the First reboot section you can read:

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('', 'I')nstall a package needed by the rescue system:
pacman -Sy cpio

vargalex
vargalex

Postby JustinPM » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:09 pm

It says that in the first reboot section, the section to use ubit_start is before that. Ubit_start will not function without cpio installed, it returns with:

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'No installed UBIT ramdisk could be found.
'ubit_start' needs to be run from the directory containing the UBIT ramdisk
or on a system with a UBIT ramdisk installed either at '/boot/uInitrd' or in
echo a UBIFS partition named 'fast', 'silent' or 'ramdisk'')
JustinPM

Postby kmihelich » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:41 pm

The install guide is for unadulterated GFNs, and in that situation the guide works perfectly.
Arch Linux ARM exists and continues to grow through community support, please donate today!
kmihelich
Developer

Postby JustinPM » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:03 am

I see. I think I might have had ubit 0.3 when I used the guide, so that makes sense.
JustinPM

Return to Community