POGOPLUG & ArchLinux with Keyboard, LCD & Mouse possible?

Ask questions about Arch Linux ARM. Please search before making a new topic.

POGOPLUG & ArchLinux with Keyboard, LCD & Mouse possible?

Postby strgg » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:01 pm

Hi

I have the Pogoplug Pro. I want to open the pogoplug and "abuse" it for my needs as a standalone PC. There are 5 USB-Ports and wlan. I am wondering if i can attach:

a keyboard
mouse
and lcd

... to it somehow. Will archlinux automatically recognize the keyboard as keyboard if plugged in or is the hardware insufficent?
is the pogoplug capable to make the LCD display the system? How would you hardwarewise connect the LCD to the Pogoplug???

i want to run the pogoplug as a slick autonom pc without the need of another pc involved. IS that Doable?

Thanks for your advise

Best regards and wishes

Gerome
strgg

Re: POGOPLUG & ArchLinux with Keyboard, LCD & Mouse possible

Postby WarheadsSE » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:03 pm

Most of these modules are not currently in the kernel you likely have installed. We are working diligently on the 3.1 kernel however.
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby strgg » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:21 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('', 'W')e are working diligently on the 3.1 kernel however.

Shall i assume the next releases will also not empower to satisfy my needs. Is it even possible technically to stream video out of the pogoplug without a graphiccard and only wlan and usb-hubs?

Why the **** there are no simple (audio/video/keyboard/mouse) plug computers as slickest micro-pc's (video/audio out) with low-energy hunger? To build one can not be that expensive like marvel and the freaked niche players pretend it to be.

i wish it would already be 2015 :lol:
strgg

Postby WarheadsSE » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:35 pm

/blink

Do your research.

CuBox / TrimSlice / Rasp Pi
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby strgg » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:01 pm

They are all (except the overpriced trimslice) in beta stage. if they launch serial production, prices will likely increase to match the market. it's a niche market with few players but high demand, not much competition. marvel once announced a plug for 50 $. companies tend to maximize profits. would be cool if some other players make competition. aren't there some serious chinese manufacturers to spring into the field? :roll:
strgg

Postby Kurlon » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:17 pm

If you already have a plug, I'm successfully using a GoFlex Net as a light desktop through a SiS based USB to VGA adapter. I can't play highdef videos on it, but I can surf reasonably well, and play Pingus. Cost wise if you're contemplating a plug plus hub plus USB to VGA, etc for the first time, that CuBox is a MUCH better deal for your money if starting from scratch.
Kurlon

Return to User Questions