Netatalk and AFPD broken after update.

This forum is for Marvell Kirkwood devices such as the GoFlex Home/Net, PogoPlug v1/v2, SheevaPlug, and ZyXEL devices.

Netatalk and AFPD broken after update.

Postby Highvoltag3 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:41 am

After I updated yesterday I'm getting the following:
"There are no shares available or you are not allowed to access them on the server"

I've checked and rechecked all the necessary files and recreated the afpd.service which was deleted by the update from /etc/avahi/services/.

AppleVolumes.defaults does contain the shares.

Both avahi, AFPD and the rest of the services are up, no error on the logs...

Any help would be greatly appreciate it tried everything I could think of.. :(
Highvoltag3

Re: Netatalk and AFPD broken after update.

Postby Highvoltag3 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:48 am

So after a lot of digging I found out that now one should update all of the config files used for netatalk before (/etc/netatalk/afpd.conf, /etc/netatalk/AppleVolumes.default, /etc/netatalk/netatalk.conf) to the new Netatalk 3.0 config file which consists of only ONE file called afp.conf in /etc/.

So to sum up and cut the cr4p, if you setup your time machine with the guide in the ArchlinuxArm site this is how to get it back and working:
1) $this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '# mv /etc/netatalk/afppasswd /etc/')

2) open each of these files $this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '/etc/netatalk/afpd.conf, /etc/netatalk/AppleVolumes.default, /etc/netatalk/netatalk.conf') and copy the content somewhere that you can have it opened next to the terminal window

3) $this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '# nano /etc/afp.conf')

4) Use this to find the equivalents for your configs: http://netatalk.sourceforge.net/3.0/htmldocs/upgrade.html#id4283034

5) Ctrl + X then Y and then Enter

6) Make sure you have $this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '/etc/avahi/services/afpd.service') if you don't follow the guide in http://archlinuxarm.org/support/guides/applications/time-machine ONLY FOR THAT SPECIFIC FILE (in my case, it got removed by the avahi update when netatalk was updated too).

7) $this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '# /etc/rc.d/netatalk restart && /etc/rc.d/avahi-daemon restart')

8) Your done, enjoy! :D

I hope this avoids some of you the trouble of loosing hours of sleep as I have tonight. :x

Just as an example I'm pasting my finished updated version of /etc/afp.conf (again, this is now the only netatalk conf file. This 3: /etc/netatalk/afpd.conf, /etc/netatalk/AppleVolumes.default, /etc/netatalk/netatalk.conf are now obsolete and not used anymore which is why all of the AFP shares stopped working after the update).

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '
;
; Netatalk 3.x configuration file
;

[Global]
; Global server settings
;Start updated AFPD.CONF
mimic model = Macmini
uam list = uams_dhx2.so

; Start updated netatalk update manually done from old /etc/netatalk/netatlak.conf
unix charset = UTF8
mac charset = MAC_ROMAN
max connections = 50

; [Homes]
; basedir regex = /xxxx

; [My AFP Volume]
; path = /path/to/volume

; Start updated AppleVolume.defaults
[TimeMachine]
path = /media/Chronos/timemachine
time machine = yes

[Musica]
path = /media/FreeAgent_GoFlex_Drive/Musica

[Pelis]
path = /media/FreeAgent_GoFlex_Drive/Pelis

[Software]
path = /media/FreeAgent_GoFlex_Drive/Software

[BitTorrents Downloads]
path = /media/FreeAgent_GoFlex_Drive/BitTorrents

[TV Series]
path = /media/FreeAgent_GoFlex_Drive/TV_Series
')
Highvoltag3

Re: Netatalk and AFPD broken after update.

Postby elheffe » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:45 am

Have you gotten this working with 10.7 or 10.8? My wife is really great at hooking up her external drive to backup through TimeMachine and I am not up on buying a TimeCapsule to make it too easy for her. Was hoping to make this work for us when I get home. Also, what format is your drive? Thanks in advance!!
elheffe

Return to Marvell Kirkwood