Setting Up GoFlex Net

This forum is for Marvell Kirkwood devices such as the GoFlex Home/Net, PogoPlug v1/v2, SheevaPlug, and ZyXEL devices.

Re: Setting Up GoFlex Net

Postby sambul13 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:29 pm

I wonder if using ext2ls to list files in /test dir on each drive when used with Hush Shell commands to check if a certain file was listed will allow to test drive presence:

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'ext2ls usb 0:1 /test')
In that approach a user would add a small file to /test on each drive beforehand, and create a small EXT2 volume where absent, since ext2ls can't mount other partition types. Somewhat limiting, but may do the job regardless of any drive combo connected. Original Pogoplug allows to mount drives in Win via Samba by adding beforehand certain config files to each drive - a similar idea.

Another approach to look at is trying to use usb dev [dev] and ide device [dev] Uboot commands to test drives presence:

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'GoFlexNet> ide device 1

IDE device 1: not available
GoFlexNet> ide device0

IDE device 0: Model: TOSHIBA MK6034GSX Firm: AH105B Ser#: 82FS7142K
Type: Hard Disk
Supports 48-bit addressing
Capacity: 57231.5 MB = 55.8 GB (117210240 x 512)')
Of course, there are more options to try, given a will exists to resolve the issue instead of jumping on messengers. :P Its an obvious deficiency of both Uboot and ArchLinux, since they can't do it together at the moment.

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('moonman', 't')here is no easy way to test again sata drive presence and your pseudo-code makes absolutely no sense
:lol:
Last edited by sambul13 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sambul13

Postby bodhi » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:39 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('sambul13', 'O')f course, there are more options to try, given a will exists to resolve the issue instead of jumping on messengers. :P Its an obvious deficiency of both Uboot and ArchLinux, since they can't do it together at the moment.

It is NOT a deficiency, and it is NOT a bug. It doens't matter how many times you're saying it!
bodhi

Postby sambul13 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:54 pm

Regardless of definitions, the good news is, Uboot developers recognize the issue of multiple drives present as frequent configuration now, and try to address it in a systemic way, based on looking at their exchange.
sambul13

Postby WarheadsSE » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:18 am

Either way, this is not an issue with Arch Linux ARM itself in any way. He was not stating it was not a uboot issue, he was stating it is not a problem with Arch Linux ARM.

That is final.
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby moonman » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:11 am

I precisely said there's no easy way to test. I am well aware of ide command, now write a test that will parse all the text given by "ide". It's impossible because of lack of available tools to do so in uboot. Again, you've proven your incompetence and you can't even google what I told you and you continue rambling on about different ideas that you come up with that make no sense while I already told you the solution ...really?!
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Postby kmihelich » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:51 am

I'm ending this since it's obviously not productive anymore. Thanks to those that provided help, regardless of how it was received.
Arch Linux ARM exists and continues to grow through community support, please donate today!
kmihelich
Developer

Previous

Return to Marvell Kirkwood