Arch Linux Arm for Android ICS 4.0.4 Arm7 Cortex-9

Talk about the project itself, the community, where we are and what we need. Great place to introduce yourself and make friends as well.

Arch Linux Arm for Android ICS 4.0.4 Arm7 Cortex-9

Postby DarkOpL9 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:46 pm

Hi my name is Keith, nice to meet you all and i look forward to helping and learning more about getting future support for android distros/kernels/packages etc... I want to start by letting everyone know that i have successfully installed Arch Linux Arm on an Lg Optimus L9 running ICS v 4.0.4, it has Arm7-Cortex-9. Lets discuss how i achieved this, First i have Rooted it, installed the advanced busybox v 1.20.2-CM9 with all applets. I also installed GNU Bash 4.2 installer App, the Super Switch user app, and most importantly, the Arch Linux Installer app. Now i use Rom Toolbox Pro for the root browser/ terminal emulator sections contained within the app. I also have S-manager app for the scripting section . So after all this i have successfully installed Arch Linux Arm. In my terminal emulator it shows this, [root@localhost /] # this is as far as I've came but Ive been extensively reading the guides contained within the arch linux arm to help me understand how it's used and maybe get a few ideas to get more support for android devices because i have noticed more and more people wanting to get this working and supported for their android devices. I am willing to learn all that i can from this community, and help you all as much as i possibly can. I truly appreciate you all taking the time to read this and hopefully it isn't posted in the wrong section, if so i will move it if needed. Please provide feedback as i am not a noob to this but I'm surely not a master at it. Thanks again everyone.
DarkOpL9

Re: Arch Linux Arm for Android ICS 4.0.4 Arm7 Cortex-9

Postby WarheadsSE » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:28 pm

Lets also discuss punctuation and formatting. I don't care if you are doing it from a cell phone, format.
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Return to Community