[How-To] install my.pogoplug.com service on any armv5 device

This forum is for Marvell Kirkwood devices such as the GoFlex Home/Net, PogoPlug v1/v2, SheevaPlug, and ZyXEL devices.

Re: [How-To] install my.pogoplug.com service on any armv5 de

Postby moonman » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:44 am

You can do that, or simply re-register your device if you haven't done so already.
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Postby silverbob76 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:05 am

I already reregistered. But still no attached drive to see. Any other ideas that might help?
silverbob76

Postby Socaltom » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:44 am

What is the name of the device that shows up at my.pogoplug.com? What is the name of you're arch server( did you change it from alarm?)
Tom
used to be owned by me
Pink Pogo V2, Black Pogo V3, Zyxel NAS 325 v1,
used to be Adminstrator for
Goflex net, Black V3, Black V2
Now I have a couple of raspberry pi ( 3+ and 4)
Socaltom

Postby silverbob76 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:58 pm

Hi

yes, I changed the name to silverpogo. This is also the name that shows up at mypogoplug.com. But it still says that there is no device attached. This is strange, because my pogo shows that my harddrive is mounted. There is something else strange, im not able to open my drive from the commandline.
silverbob76

Postby moonman » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:24 am

I would stop the service, kill all the processes as mentioned before and take a look at /usr/local/cloudengines/bin/hbplug.conf and compare it to /etc/pogoplug.conf. Maybe it doesn't like the order of the variables. Try copying it over to /etc

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'cp /usr/local/cloudengines/bin/hbplug.conf /etc/pogoplug.conf')

See if that helps
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
moonman
Developer

Postby silverbob76 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:04 pm

Hi moonman,

i did as you said, but no luck. Then i uncommented the first line in /usr/local/cloudengines/hbplug.conf, now it looks like below.
Mypogoplug.com recognizes now that there is a drive attached, but shows an error message that the drive cannot be recognized.

"This drive is not available.
You have attached a hard drive that your Pogoplug device does not recognize. Please click here to contact customer support."

vfsdir0=plugdata,/media/WD_Elements_500
installdir=/usr/local/cloudengines
#datadir=.
datadir=.
example below: vfsdir<number>=<name>,<path>
nohotplug=1
svcid=ARDVLFYPYHEBW6PPRA38YS48E6
silverbob76

Postby silverbob76 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:48 pm

I managed now to get my hard drive working. I think there was a difference between /usr/local/cloudengines/hbplug.conf and /usr/local/cloudengines/bin/hbplug.conf. However, the harddrive is recognized now. If i want to add another harddrive, I will have to edit the hbplug.conf file in /usr/local/cloudengines again I guess. WIll it work if i add it with the line showing vfsdir0=plugdata,/media/FILES?

I solved the problem.

1. Stop the pogoplug.service
systemctl stop pogoplug

2. Go to /usr/local/cloudengines/hbplug.conf, edit the line which starts with "vfsdir"

I changed it to:
vfsdir0=WD_Elements_500,/media/WD_Elements_500, now it shows the name in mypogoplug.com as WD_Elements_500.
WD_Elements_500 is the name of my first drive which you can define right after the equal sign

If you want to attach a second drive, just add another line looking like this:
vfsdir1=name of your harddrive,/media/name of your harddrive

3. Start the pogoplug service back again
systemctl start pogoplug

That's it. :D

I have now 2 harddrives connected, working great. Both drives are shown in mypogoplug.com, and both are recognized on my notebook with the pogoplug-software, or from my iPhone. :D

Guys, thanks a lot for all your help, this guide is really great. I guess these are just stupid beginner mistakes I did. Hpe I did not cause to much work for you. Thansk again
silverbob76

Postby moonman » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:06 am

Glad you got it solced, however over time hbplug.conf under cloudengines and bin may get overwritten. I would suggest copying it some other place.
moonman
Developer

Postby gookank » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:31 am

hi. I am trying to enable my.pogoplug service. curently, it is not working. here is the status of the service:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'root@alarm cloudengines]# systemctl status pogoplug.service
pogoplug.service - my.pogoplug.com service daemon
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/pogoplug.service; enabled)
Active: active (exited) since Tue 2013-04-02 07:00:49 EDT; 11min ago
Process: 1013 ExecStart=/bin/sh /usr/local/cloudengines/pogoplug.sh (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
CGroup: name=systemd:/system/pogoplug.service
├─1017 /usr/local/cloudengines/bin/hbwd /usr/local/cloudeng...
└─1018 /usr/local/cloudengines/bin/hbplug

Apr 02 07:00:49 alarm sh[1013]: rm: cannot remove ‘./bin/hbplug.conf’: ...ry
Apr 02 07:00:49 alarm sh[1013]: Starting hbplug:
Apr 02 07:00:49 alarm systemd[1]: Started my.pogoplug.com service daemon.
Apr 02 07:01:41 alarm systemd[1]: Started my.pogoplug.com service daemon.
Apr 02 07:06:05 alarm systemd-coredump[1137]: Process 1136 (hbixc) dumped core.
')

I just installed the package with pacman and edited the /etc/pogoplug.conf and tried to started the pogoplug.service. It starts and exits.
What can be the reason? Thanks for your help.
gookank

Postby gookank » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:44 am

Anyways. I resolved the issue. For some reason, the IDs in /etc/pogoplug.conf and hbplug.conf were different. Now, I can access my files :)
gookank

PreviousNext

Return to Marvell Kirkwood