Newbie looking for resources

Talk about the project itself, the community, where we are and what we need. Great place to introduce yourself and make friends as well.

Newbie looking for resources

Postby cantripghost » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:47 pm

Hello all!

I am a modestly experienced RedHat linux administrator. I recently purchased a raspberry pi, and the arch linux os came highly recommended by friends and coworkers.

The issue is, my entire experience (not that long, i'm pretty fresh out of college) has been with CentOS, RedHat and Fedora (also a smattering of Solaris), and I'm having a hard time getting used to where things are. I'm beginning to research now, basically trying to figure out where the tools that i'm used to in RedHat are in arch (no inittab?!? how can i set my default runlevel?!?).

I thought a forum post would be a good way to start my search and probably save me some time. Does anyone know of some good online resources to help me get aquainted? I don't need a total linux primer, but something like a guide to show me around would be good. In the meantime, i'll of course be poking around the OS and seeing what does what.

Thanks!
cantripghost

Re: Newbie looking for resources

Postby WarheadsSE » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:27 am

wiki.archlinux.org
Especially Pacman Rosetta
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Re: Newbie looking for resources

Postby pepedog » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:47 pm

Yes, and systemctl and netctl
I switched, got fed up with rpm releases lasting only a year
pepedog
Developer

Return to Community