is there a reset switch on the pogoplug (pink version)?

This forum is for Marvell Kirkwood devices such as the GoFlex Home/Net, PogoPlug v1/v2, SheevaPlug, and ZyXEL devices.

is there a reset switch on the pogoplug (pink version)?

Postby toolbox » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:03 am

Just bought a Pogoplug (pink version) and want to get familiarize its feature. I have look around several time but did not see any reset switch. Does it has one? If it does, where?
toolbox

Re: is there a reset switch on the pogoplug (pink version)?

Postby meijkl » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:26 am

Yes, there is a reset switch inside of the box. It is approx. 2cm above the LED on the board. Don't forget to execute a sync command before resetting in case your plug is still running.
Klaus
meijkl

Postby toolbox » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:59 am

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('meijkl', 'Y')es, there is a reset switch inside of the box. It is approx. 2cm above the LED on the board. Don't forget to execute a sync command before resetting in case your plug is still running.
Klaus

How do I get to the switch? I can remove the transparent plastic pretty easily but not sure how the 2 halves snap together.
toolbox

Postby meijkl » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:21 am

I found some pictures in the pogoplugged forum (http://www.pogoplugged.com/forum/thread ... al+console). You should use a screwdriver the way it is shown in one the pictures. Proceed the same way at the top and bottom of the case. It worked very well with my Pogoplug.
Klaus
meijkl

Postby toolbox » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:49 am

restart the pogoplug is what I need. I have couple of Kingston USB sticks that don't cold start well. Rather than keep cycle the power, I want to hit the reset switch to give it a 2nd chance.

UPDATE: Found the switch. Will decide if I want to drill a hole in front to access it or solder another switch to it.
Thanks.
toolbox

Postby toolbox » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:21 pm

In case anyone want to drill a hole to access the reset switch, it is located about 0.75" above the top of the indicator light and 1.24" from the right side of the case when looking from the front.

The power cable has been disconnected from the power converter board to have a clearer look of the swtich.
Attachments
DSC00820 (576 x 384).jpg
DSC00820 (576 x 384).jpg (66.39 KiB) Viewed 10879 times
toolbox

Return to Marvell Kirkwood