Enigmail for Thunderbird armv7h [solved]

Request a package to be made here. Make sure you have searched before requesting.

Enigmail for Thunderbird armv7h [solved]

Postby raumzeit » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:55 pm

Hi all,

Is there any chance to get Enigmail for thunderbird armv7h? I tried extracting rpm content from SuSe Linux and Fedora core 17, both armv7h, but the extensions won't get enabled in thunderbird, although they show up in the addons section.
Does anyone else tried this before or can someone give me a hint how to check why the extensions from Suse/FC17 are not running?

Cheers

RaumZeit
Last edited by raumzeit on Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Acer CB5-311, Asus Flip, Tinker Board, Samsung ARM Chromebook, NSA 325, ix4-300d, WandBoard Quad, Raspberry Pi B, BeagleBoard ...and a dead Pandaboard :sad:
raumzeit

Re: Enigmail for Thunderbird armv7h

Postby raumzeit » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:12 am

:geek: I got it to work

After fiddling around for hours I managed to get the FC18 binary of Enigmail 1.5.2 to work with Thunderbird 17.0.8 from the ArchLinux repo. If I find enough time over the weekend I will put together an AUR package that modifies the FC18 package and installs all the dependencies.

P.S.: I also got Lightning 1.9.1 with google calendar support to work, so if anybody is interested I can also provide an AUR package for that.

Edit
For the time until we have them in the alarm repo, I made some alien AUR packages

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/thunderbird-enigmail-alien-armv7h/
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/thunderbird-lightning-alien-armv7h/
Acer CB5-311, Asus Flip, Tinker Board, Samsung ARM Chromebook, NSA 325, ix4-300d, WandBoard Quad, Raspberry Pi B, BeagleBoard ...and a dead Pandaboard :sad:
raumzeit

Return to Package Requests