Installation ArchLinux ARM on TrimSlice

This forum is for supported devices using an ARMv7 nVidia SoC.

Installation ArchLinux ARM on TrimSlice

Postby dan64 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:18 pm

I have recently installed ArchLinux ARM on TrimSlice. I have followed the instructions specified in the related guide. The rootfs installed is the following: ArchLinuxARM-2013.10-trimslice-rootfs.tar.gz

The problem here is that even if the TrimSlice is able to boot the distro, the network is down and it's possible to connect to TrimSlice only using the Serial port. I have spent some time to find the problem.

The issue here is that Systemd v197 introduced Predictable Network Interface Names, which automatically assigns static names to network devices. Interfaces are now prefixed with en (ethernet) followed by an automatically generated identifier, creating an entry such as enp0s25. The distro expect that the name of the interface is eth0 and then is unable to raise the network interface. The solution that I have found is to disable this behavior by adding the following symlink:

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '# ln -s /dev/null /etc/udev/rules.d/80-net-name-slot.rules')
dan64

Re: Installation ArchLinux ARM on TrimSlice

Postby kmihelich » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:31 pm

This will get updated in the November rootfs refresh, thanks for pointing it out.
Arch Linux ARM exists and continues to grow through community support, please donate today!
kmihelich
Developer

Return to nVidia