Introduction

Talk about the project itself, the community, where we are and what we need. Great place to introduce yourself and make friends as well.

Introduction

Postby profebral » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:39 am

I just got my Pogoplug. I am pretty interested in the Arch Linux ARM project. I am not the best coder in the world but I have been doing some pretty fun stuff with Python as of recent. I will be peeking in from time to time to see what I can learn. :D
profebral

Re: Introduction

Postby grahams » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:47 am

Just landed a pogoplug and I wanted to see what I could do with this little guy.

Hoping it can become my squeezebox server, an NFS server and maybe a little more. My basic idea is to have this guy replace my 300W PC as a media server and therefore save power and my little part of saving the planet.
grahams

Postby guenne » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:02 am

Hi there,

now I have a goflex home - and the first job was to remove the unusable factory setup. Reading through the froum I was able to manage it - great forum and infobase. Now this device is usable and would like to do some more customisation.

Best regards from Germany.
guenne

Hello

Postby coastal » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:13 am

Hi there,

I thought i'd introduce myself. I've just bought my first PogoPlug. Hopefully by the end of the night I'll have it set up with my externals as a set of samba drives. Ready for an xbmc'd apple tv 2 coming next week.

Er, that's about it for now. I hope I don't post too many help requests. :D

Coastal
coastal

Re: Hello

Postby DePingus » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:51 pm

Welcome aboard.
The community is rather small, but very helpful. I'm sure you'll do fine.
DePingus

Hi!

Postby stanhughes » Wed May 04, 2011 9:33 pm

Using Arch Linux ARM install to build a 72 TB iRODS data grid. With a limited budget of less than $5000, it wasn't possible to go the traditional route. Currently have 5 Pogoplugs (v2) and 12 2TB external drives. The main iRODS server is a VM running on a NAS storage array. Have iRODS running on Arch Linux ARM install and communicating with the main server as a iRODS resource. The plan is to have 8 pogos, each with 8 TB of storage to give 64 TB. It has been a lot of fun getting everything running. Still have some problems to work out, but have the basics working. Wanted to introduce myself asking a whole bunch of questions :-)

Stan
stanhughes

Postby stanhughes » Thu May 05, 2011 8:39 pm

stanhughes

Return to Community