mongodb

Problems with packages? Post here, using [tags] of the package name.

Re: mongodb

Postby kitsook » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:22 am

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('mserrano', 'O')k,

I have finally been able to make my system work again, thanks to the packages provided by marbi.

I was trying to move to odroid C1.. but the problem is also there... and I do not have packages for odroid.

It seems that mongodb is not so well maintained in arch arm... Has anyone experience with nosql databases working fine on arm?

There is no official support of MongoDB on ARM 32-bit. In fact it is not recommended to run MongoDB on any 32-bit systems. And starting with version 3.2, they stopped shipping 32-bit binaries.

On the other hand, I think I have figured out what caused the segmentation fault. Disabling gcc optimization (using --opt=off) or modifying a line of code can solve the issue.

If anyone is feeling adventurous, I also have a post on how to compile MongoDB 3.0.x for armv7l.
kitsook

Postby Kosta » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:03 am

Here's an arm7 package of mongodb 3.0.4 that works with boost-libs 1.59: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6bae9e4ku9sbd ... ar.xz?dl=1

It just took 10 hours to compile... plus a swap device, the first try was SIGKILLed after 10 hours because the linker ate too much RAM O_o

I'll try to setup a distcc and get 3.0.7 or 3.2.0 into a state that can be merged to the repos so that the package just works without needing twiddling.
Kosta

Postby br3schweiz » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:27 pm

Thank you very much for your package.

Actually mongodb seems to run fine with it but now i'm running into another issue, which i actually have no clue, what it is about:

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'mongod: symbol lookup error: mongod: undefined symbol: _ZN5boost15program_options3argE')

Something wrong with libboost?!? But what? boost-libs 1.59.0-5 is installed...

This on a TrimSlice...
br3schweiz

Postby moonman » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:18 am

Libboost has been recompiled for new abi, your mongodb was not. Downgrade the libboost to the previous version
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Postby br3schweiz » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:48 pm

Got it working again... Thank you for pushing me in the right direction.

I had to downgrade:
boost-libs (to 1.58.0-3)
snappy (to 1.1.3-1)
pcre (to 8.37-4)

Only downgrading boost-libs wasn't sufficient.
br3schweiz

Postby br3schweiz » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:50 pm

Did anybody try version 3.2.0? Has it still segfault?
br3schweiz

Postby Kosta » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:14 pm

From the PKGBUILDs github repo, it seems arch linux arm now ships mongodb 3.2.0 and some "fixes" for it.

https://github.com/archlinuxarm/PKGBUIL ... ty/mongodb

I hope I can try this out tonight.
Kosta

Postby Kosta » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:07 pm

Hi!

I just did pacman -Syu which upgraded mondodb to mongodb 3.2.0-3 and boost to 1.60.0-1. Everything seems to work fine. My mongo use-case is to run unifi, which still works after the upgrade.

Starting mongod on the command line complains that "The default storage engine 'wiredTiger' is not available with this build of mongod. Please specify a different storage engine explicitly, e.g. --storageEngine=mmapv1., terminating"

Starting `mongod --storageEngine=mmapv1` complains that "exception in initAndListen: 29 Data directory /data/db not found., terminating".

So all in all: everything seems good you can upgrade just fine.

Cheers,
Kosta
Kosta

Previous

Return to Packages