New to the forum

Talk about the project itself, the community, where we are and what we need. Great place to introduce yourself and make friends as well.

New to the forum

Postby nickarchpi2 » Sun May 15, 2016 5:23 pm

I've been using Arch Linux ARM for a while now and not really needed to post any questions on here as every issue I have come up against has been covered numerous times on various parts of the web. So thought I would say hello and introduce myself.

My most recent project is a Raspberry Pi 2 Model B, 1TB USB2 external hard drive partitioned into ADULTS, FAMILY (for movies and TV shows) and the 3rd MUSIC.

Set up sudo, wget, screen, rtorrent, samba and that's it. Home media server with the ability to download torrents running headless and as lightweight as possible, screen makes it possible to run rtorrent in the background and log out of ssh without interrupting it.

Got it serving my various devices around the house running Kodi on an old Mac Mini (now linux) a couple of android TV boxes, a few iPads with Kodi installed using XCode and iOS app signer.

My next project is going to be a RPi 3 to set up as a baby monitor. I plan to run it headless using Arch Linux ARM, I will be fitting a USB webcam and mic and will need to stream it across my local network to iPads, iPhones and a Macbook. I haven't worked out what I am going to use to serve up the media or what I will use to view it on the various devices so any recommendations will be appreciated.

Thanks for reading.
nickarchpi2

Return to Community