odroid c2 some newbie question

Talk about the project itself, the community, where we are and what we need. Great place to introduce yourself and make friends as well.

odroid c2 some newbie question

Postby acconciox » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:43 pm

eMMC reader is accompanied by adapter for slot SD card as the micro SD card or i have to buy a special adapter to install arch?
I have experience with micro SD for raspberry, can i use the same slot adapter ? Or i have to use some usb 2 emmc adapter?

I have only mobile broadband or wifi accesspoint (from notebook or raspberry o usb mobile broadband), to connect with raspberry i need wvdial modemmanager and usb_modeswitch, can i adopt the same procedure for odroid?
for wifi wpa_supplicant + asus usb-n13 would be enough to create a connection?

Im asking this because i dont have eth0 connection and i m not sure about my network skills ,,,

ciao e grazie
acconciox

Re: odroid c2 some newbie question

Postby karog » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:21 pm

I have the odroid xu4 with eMMC which I assume is the same as the C2 in this regard. The eMMC has a special connector by which it snaps flat onto the motherboard of the xu4. It comes with an adapter (at least at Ameridroid for an extra $1 where I bought mine) that snaps onto the eMMC connector the same way and provides a microSD connector. So you also need some way to read/write the microSD end of the adapter like a microSD slot, a microSD to SD adapter for an SD slot, or a microSD to USB adapter for USB attachment.
karog

Return to Community