[OFFICIAL] sabnzbd

Problems with packages? Post here, using [tags] of the package name.

Re: [OFFICIAL] sabnzbd

Postby Parsa » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:30 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('niko86', 'I')s there a total novice guide to Arch Linux ARM? I do ok at scraping together info from the wiki and forum posts, but the majority of information assumes you know what is being talked about. For example mounting a hard drive, proper way to shutdown etc.

Many of those things are not about Arch Linux ARM but arch distro or even more so about linux in general so you can find them out easily yourself using google or even manual command (i.e. "man shutdown" in terminal). :)
PogoPlug v2 Pink
Parsa

Postby sporez » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:21 am

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('ygator', 's')abnzbd defaults to running on 8080 which from you netstat it is.
However, it is only listening on the loopback device 127.0.0.1.
You need to change SABNZBD_IP in /etc/conf.d/sabnzbd to that of the IP address of your pogo plug.

sorry for the late reply, but someone in IRC helped me get up and running. Indeed the problem was that I needed to edit the /etc/conf.d/sabnzbd file.

and once sabnzbd was running I had trouble changing some settings and it turned out that the script in /etc/rc.d/sabnzbd was buggy or something and gave me problems when starting it with that, so I ended up replacing it with a script found here.
sporez

Postby robotron1971 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:31 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('ygator', 'T')hey have fixed everything now, though I have not tested from a clean install, but nothing really special to do.
First make sure everything is up to date with
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'pacman -Syyu')and then you simply do a
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'pacman -S sabnzbd')To start and stop you do
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '/etc/rc.d/sabnzbd start
/etc/rc.d/sabnzbd stop')You can also add it to the daemon list at the end of /etc/rc.conf to have it auto start at boot.

Once you have setup sabnzbd you will need to edit /etc/conf.d/sabnzbd and set your api key.
You will also want to set the IP up as well. This is used when doing an /etc/rc.d/sabnzbd stop.

When you setup sabnzbd to put the files to your mounted drive instead of the default you want to make sure it is mounted before starting sabnzbd or else it will reset back to defaults. Also sabnzbd defaults and runs under the sabnzbd user. If you keep it this way you will want to mount the drive with sabnzbd as the owner of the drive. If you don't do this then you will need to have it run under root by changing the user in /etc/conf.d/sabnzbd.

Well, after a fresh install, everything seems to work just fine, but stepping through the wizard, it crashes on page 5:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('', 'T')raceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/sabnzbd/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 618, in respond
cherrypy.response.body = self.handler()
File "/opt/sabnzbd/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 25, in __call__
return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "/opt/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/wizard.py", line 205, in five
info['access_url'], info['urls'] = self.get_access_info()
File "/opt/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/wizard.py", line 222, in get_access_info
addresses = socket.getaddrinfo(host, None)
gaierror: [Errno -2] Name or service not known

curl is installed and up-to-date
any other suggestions?
robotron1971

Postby pepedog » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:38 pm

Did you
pacman -Sf iana-etc libnl e2fsprogs
As perhttp://Arch Linux ARM.com/index.php5/PlugApps_February_Update
pepedog
Developer

Postby robotron1971 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:41 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('pepedog', 'D')id you
pacman -Sf iana-etc libnl e2fsprogs

Hmmn. Didn't see that in the instructions.....and now when i try :
$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('', 'f')ailed retrieving file 'libnl-1.1-2-arm.pkg.tar.xz' from Arch Linux ARM.com : Not Found

sigh. Once i get this working again, I think i just need to tar it all up for safe keeping, and never ever upgrade my Arch Linux ARM install again...it is a broken package dependency nightmare ever time......

I appreaciate the help though!
robotron1971

Postby pepedog » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:04 pm

Can you
pacman -Syu
If that don't work
pacman -Uf http://Arch Linux ARM.com/arm/core/libnl-1.1-3-arm.pkg.tar.xz
pepedog
Developer

Postby robotron1971 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:38 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('pepedog', 'C')an you
pacman -Syu
If that don't work
pacman -Uf http://Arch Linux ARM.com/arm/core/libnl-1.1-3-arm.pkg.tar.xz

A manual download seems to fix it. Thanks for your help, as always.
robotron1971

Postby theref » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:39 am

Dear all

i installed sabnzbd on a fresh install of Arch Linux ARM and everything seems ok except i cannot change the directory for the downloads. The default folder lies on the usbstick so i cannot use it. When i try to set it on an absolute address on a usb share /media/Book2/downloads/complete i get

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'Incorrect parameter
Cannot create download_dir folder /media/Book2/downloads/incomplete ')

i don't think that the problem is that the usb disk is mounted after the server starts as the problem appears when i start it manually as well. Do you have any idea of what could cause this ?
Thanks!!
theref

Postby pepedog » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:30 am

you actually mention 2 directories-
/media/Book2/downloads/incomplete
And
/media/Book2/downloads/complete
Try making /media/Book2/downloads world writeable
pepedog
Developer

Postby ygator » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:52 am

By default sabnzbd runs as user sabnzbd. You either have to 1) run it as root, 2) mount the drive under the sabnzbd user, or 3) change the owner of the directories to sabnzbd

1. In /etc/conf.d/sabnzbd set SABNZBD_USER="root"
2. If you are using a drive formatted as a non-linux i.e. FAT, NTFS, etc you must have the drive mounted under the sabnzbd user as it does not allow file owner changes. This you do my editing the /etc/fstab and adding an entry to mount the drive automatically under the sabnzbd user. Easiest way to accomplish this is by running webmin:
Under System/Disk and Network File systems
with drive already mounted click on the mounted as for the drive to edit the mount
you can then click on save and mount at boot and set user files are owned by to sabnzbd
then save it
now on boot up the drive will be mounted and the files owned by sabnzbd
3. If you are using a drive formatted as linux i.e. ext2, ext3... you can just change the owner of the directories to that of the sabnzbd user.
ygator

PreviousNext

Return to Packages