veracrypt

Request a package to be made here. Make sure you have searched before requesting.

veracrypt

Postby socialloser1 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:45 am

since the Truecrypt project has been terminated. veracrypt is now the most promising disk encryption project.
the official site is : https://veracrypt.codeplex.com/
it provides install package for raspbian, could you please port it to archlinux arm?
socialloser1

Re: veracrypt

Postby graysky » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:19 am

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('socialloser1', 's')ince the Truecrypt project has been terminated. veracrypt is now the most promising disk encryption project.

No, dm-crypt/LUKS is the most promising disk encryption project and natively supported. If you want veracrypt, build it yourself from the AUR.
graysky
Developer

Postby socialloser1 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:35 am

sry , by "promising" , I mean as a replacement for truecrypt, it is said to maybe the best replacement. sorry for my bad English
I tried to install veracrypt from AUR, but the " makepkg -si " command just report error:
==> ERROR: veracrypt-git is not available for the 'armv7h' architecture.

as the veracrypt official provide packages for raspbian, it is surely possible for arm archlinux to use it, but currently there is no package for it. the veracrypt provide convinient way to encrypt backups because it is easier to backup a encrypted disk file container. the x86 archlinux has veracrypt in official packages. so I think maybe it worth it to port it on arm ?

again please forgive me for my bad English. All I mean is said that this is a good project worth porting , and a useful tool.
socialloser1

Postby moonman » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:51 am

There are many topics on the forum regarding "package is not available for architectire X". The solution is either:

1. Talk to package maintainer to include arm, armv6h, armv7h, aarch64 in the arch array in PKGBUILD
2. build with "-A" i.e. makepkg -A
3. Do #1 yourself before building
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Return to Package Requests