Where do I submit simple bug reports?

Ask questions about Arch Linux ARM. Please search before making a new topic.

Where do I submit simple bug reports?

Postby Melab » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:52 pm

There is no way to report issues on the project's Github page nor on this very website. I want to report a problem with the PKGBUILD for the ARMv7 port of Linux: the script for flashing the kernel image on Chromebooks, as of this post, is written such that the blob gets written to the same partition that the root filesystem is stored on.

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '
major=$(mountpoint -d / | cut -f 1 -d ':')
minor=$(mountpoint -d / | cut -f 2 -d ':')
device=$(cat /proc/partitions | awk {'if ($1 == "'${major}'" && $2 == "'${minor}'") print $4 '})
device="/dev/${device/%2/1}"
')

The only time I've allowed the upgrade process to automatically flash it resulting in clobbering my SD card's filesystem and subsequently lose all of my data that was stored on it during my attempt to recover said filesystem.
Last edited by moonman on Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed URL formatting
Melab

Re: Where do I submit simple bug reports?

Postby moonman » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:14 am

All the information on how and where to report bugs is in every subforum in the announcements section. It can't be more obvious.

Which cromebook?
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Postby Melab » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:54 am

It is the Samsung XE303C12.
Melab

Postby moonman » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:55 pm

The script is correct. I've just checked the installation instructions and the script. Your rootfs partition is supposed to be the second partition on the sd card. Kernel partition is the first one.

$devices ends up as sdX1 where X is the storage device where rootfs (which is sdX2) is.
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Return to User Questions