RPi2 can't read boot partition

Ask questions about Arch Linux ARM. Please search before making a new topic.

RPi2 can't read boot partition

Postby Xinayder » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:31 am

I had a power outage today which may have corrupted the SD Card image of my RPi2. When I noticed it (about 2 hours after power came back), I found my RPi2 with both ACT and PWR LEDs turned on, there wasn't a blink.

I then decided to backup the card data to my computer, and after doing that I ran fsck on both boot and system partitions, but it didn't work. I also tried downloading a new image and applying a new boot image to the boot partition, but it didn't work as well. In both attempts, the RPi2 behave exactly like described above: ACT and PWR LEDs always on, ACT not blinking.

Is there any options left for trying to fix my RPi2 before sticking to the good 'n' old "format"? Could this be a hardware issue, since I can access the data inside the sdcard just fine?
Last edited by Xinayder on Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xinayder

Re: RPi2 can't read boot partition

Postby graysky » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:18 am

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('Xinayder', 'I') then decided to backup the card data to my computer, and after doing that I ran fsck on both boot and system partitions, but it didn't work. I also tried downloading a new image and applying a new boot image to the boot partition, but it didn't work as well.

You provide no details for anyone to help you. "It didn't work" is meaningless from a troubleshooting perspective.
graysky
Developer

Postby Xinayder » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:49 pm

Well, I explained the issue and what is my suspicion, along with what I tried to fix the problem. When I said it didn't work, I meant the RPi2 is behaving like described in the OP: both ACT and PWR LEDs are on, and ACT won't blink.
Xinayder

Postby Xinayder » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:14 pm

I used the SD card in my RPi 1 and it seemed to work: the ACT lights were blinking, so this isn't a hardware issue. I just need to figure out what's wrong with the image in my SD card and try to fix it.
Xinayder

Return to User Questions