Videos not playing anymore with Kodi with latest updates

This forum is for discussion about general software issues.

Re: Videos not playing anymore with Kodi with latest updates

Postby graysky » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:29 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('invisiblek', '')$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('graysky', '')$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('invisiblek', 'E')DIT: turns out the issue kmihelich referred to is different than what I had fixed. I have another patch in the works, can follow here: https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/2173

Does the patch you submitted a few days ago work for you building 4.9.51?

Yes, it applies clean on top of 4.9.51 and should work fine.

EDIT: but you should actually follow here I suppose, since it'll be the most up-to-date version of the patch: https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/pull/2206

I guess I'm confused by that... you posted 3 commits and then a diff. Is your intent to apply the 3 patches and the diff, or just the 3 commits with the diff being informative?
graysky
Developer

Postby invisiblek » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:34 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('graysky', 'I') guess I'm confused by that... you posted 3 commits and then a diff. Is your intent to apply the 3 patches and the diff, or just the 3 commits with the diff being informative?

Ah I see what you mean. The diff is what had changed with those three commits since they were initially submitted as a pull request. The diff is squashed into the first commit ("arm: partially revert 702b94b"), since it should have been with it to begin with.

All in the name of keeping a nice git history.
invisiblek

Postby graysky » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:36 pm

Is it inappropriate for you to squash/rebase into a single commit that is current with upstream whatever branch? Wouldn't that be more simplistic?
graysky
Developer

Postby invisiblek » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:42 pm

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('graysky', 'I')s it inappropriate for you to squash/rebase into a single commit that is current with upstream whatever branch? Wouldn't that be more simplistic?

Well, in my opinion these three changes are all separate from each other. They touch different parts of the kernel (especially the first one) and have different purposes. (So I'd advocate not squashing them)

Rebasing on the recently pushed 4.9.51 would be fine, but github should be able to rebase when its merged anyway, so there's no real need for me to keep manually rebasing it.
invisiblek

Postby graysky » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:01 pm

OK. I build 4.9.51 with your 3 patches but upon rebooting there is not /dev/vcsm present... changes to the config also needed?
EDIT: https://github.com/archlinuxarm/PKGBUIL ... e5df910a75

<<HEADSMACK>>
graysky
Developer

Postby graysky » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:50 pm

OK... building with your 3 patches and enabled the config option referenced above gave a bootable system and restoration of /dev/vcsm. Cannot test on RPi 1, this was on a 3 running armv7h.

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', ' ls -l /dev/vcsm
crw------- 1 root root 245, 0 Sep 25 08:48 /dev/vcsm
')
graysky
Developer

Postby fhuddles » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:40 pm

I'm having the same problem with videos not playing with Kodi and no /dev/vcsm, on a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B. It looks to me as though a patch, or several patches, have been made to address this, and I keep updating thinking that I'll get software incorporating the patch, but so far: no. uname -r shows 4.9.51-1-ARCH. Is there something else I'm supposed to do? If so, what?
Thanks.
fhuddles

Postby invisiblek » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:36 am

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('fhuddles', 'I')'m having the same problem with videos not playing with Kodi and no /dev/vcsm, on a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B. It looks to me as though a patch, or several patches, have been made to address this, and I keep updating thinking that I'll get software incorporating the patch, but so far: no. uname -r shows 4.9.51-1-ARCH. Is there something else I'm supposed to do? If so, what?
Thanks.

I'm working on testing this on a 1st gen pi (ARMv6). Once its verified working there, we should be good to get this merged, fixing all this: https://github.com/archlinuxarm/PKGBUILDs/pull/1520
invisiblek

Previous

Return to General