pdf to image and svg to png

This forum is for supported devices using an ARMv7 Allwinner SoC.

pdf to image and svg to png

Postby pkrt85 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:24 am

Dear Sir,
I am working on arm7 core board. I need linux tools to convert from pdf to png and svg to png.
I saw that pdfimage is there in your site. however I am not able to download librsvg.
Can anybody please provide me links to both the tools.

Regards Prabhu
pkrt85

Re: pdf to image and svg to png

Postby pkrt85 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:21 pm

I chose another package and could able to move further but right now i am stuck at a package perl-gssapi-0.28-13-armv7h.pkg.tar.xz
its broken can anyone check if its really broken, if it is then can you please give directions to alternatives.
pkrt85

Postby summers » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:40 pm

inkscape is the svg tool, and can save png. Its in standard arch - so I would expect it to be in arm arch.

pdf to png, I would guess evince, but am not sure if this can save as png. pdf to png is more of an odd change, pdf is set up as pages of graphics typically, whereas png are small discrete graphics ...
summers

Postby depanipurva » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:26 am

inkscape is the svg tool, and can save png. Its in standard arch - so I would expect it to be in arm arch.

can you please give me process how to use inkscape in arm arch, as i download this library for arm arch, but library contains only share and bin directory, i copy bin to /usr/bin of my board. When i gave command inkscape from command line it gives error message : inkscape: error while loading shared libraries: libgtkspell.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory :|

So i have to install all this dependencies or there is any package with this all dependencies available please guide me.

Regards,
depanipurva

Postby summers » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:48 pm

you could try
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'pacman -S gtkspell3')
But don't know if that works. I only use inkscape on my desktop - all my arm machines don't have screens attached ...
summers

Re: pdf to image

Postby depanipurva » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:22 am

Hello,

I wanted to use Imagemagic for PDF to image conversion, I am doing it by command line "convert" i copied it to /usr/bin of my board. I am using arm-linux-gnueabihf compiler. But problem with imagemagic is its dependencies. Because of its dependencies /usr/lib space is full, there is no space to copy more library.
I wanted to use Imagemagic API only related to PDF to PNG conversion in my code, dont want to use command line convert.

I need your help to solve this.

Regards,
Purva
depanipurva

Postby summers » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:26 pm

Oh yes - had to do this recently, evince I could not get to export. pdftoppm could extract a page, with configurable resolution - but works from the command line, can produce png which is a good format.

Its in the xpdf package, or poppler package
summers

Return to Allwinner