Hifiberry and RPI 3B

Ask questions about Arch Linux ARM. Please search before making a new topic.

Hifiberry and RPI 3B

Postby Horus » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:09 pm

Hello,

For my RPI 3B I'm using the image ArchLinuxARM-rpi-3-latest.tar.gz, aarch64 architecture.

I have added the Hifiberry DAC+ Pro to my Raspberry Pi 3B. It works fine using Raspbian and the guide at https://www.hifiberry.com/build/documen ... ux-3-18-x/ which tells to remove dtparam=audio=on from config.txt and add dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplus.

But at Arch ARM it just results in just the HDMI interface as sound.

I have found no up to date documentation on how to enable the DAC+. Some guides mention loading modules like snd_soc_hifiberry_dac, but the modules are not installed. Though I also read that the necessary modules are in the mainline kernels now. I also read about disabling modules that are not even loaded...

I have no problem compiling my own kernel, if it is necessary, but I have no idea what modules to additionally enable? Also, what is the recommended way to build a kernel, based on the default kernel?

asp does not seem to work at Arch ARM. Is there a way to download all sources files from https://archlinuxarm.org/packages/aarch64/linux-aarch64 ?

Sorry about so many question... Thanks!

Florian
Horus

Re: Hifiberry and RPI 3B

Postby technosf » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:52 am

Check out the RuneAudio -

Here's my config.txt taht deals with audio:

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '#dtparam=i2c_arm=on
#dtparam=i2c_vc=on
dtparam=i2s=on
#dtparam=spi=on
#dtparam=act_led_trigger=mmc
#dtdebug=on

#dtparam=uart1=off
dtoverlay=pi3-disable-bt-overlay
#dtoverlay=pi3-miniuart-bt-overlay

## RuneAudio HDMI & 3,5mm jack
dtparam=audio=on

## RuneAudio I2S-Settings
dtoverlay=hifiberry-digi
')
[size=85] MochaBin 5G || NSA325 [/size]
technosf

Postby nezhac » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:17 am

What exactly are you trying to play audio through?
I had gotten a RPi 2 working with a hifiberry dac+ in kodi, I can go and find the boot config for that. If I remember correctly the only thing I had to change was something like a dt-overlay in the boot config, then kodi found the hifiberry output and I could select it.
nezhac

Postby andre » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:46 pm

You are using the 64 bit version. This means you are running a mainline kernel. This does not include the raspberry pi specific overlays. Therefore you'll have to do manual configuration. I'm not familiar wit manually configuring I2S.
Another possibility would be to add the device tree from the raspberry pi kernel to the boot image of the mainline kernel. If there are no changed names, and the drivers are present, that might work as well.
andre

Return to User Questions