Running ArchLinux|ARM on a ARM server

Talk about the project itself, the community, where we are and what we need. Great place to introduce yourself and make friends as well.

Running ArchLinux|ARM on a ARM server

Postby marty1885 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:02 am

Hi,

I am new to this forum. And I want to thank the Arch Linux ARM community. It is a awesome project. I got myself a HoneyComb LX2K board last year and have been running Arch Linux ARM on it. Though I have to patch stuff here and there to get everything working. It's working perfectly and runs far better then the default Ubuntu Core. My Arch Linux ARM server have been running as my NAS while also doing scientific calculations occasionally.

Looking towards learning more about the community and finally submitting patches one day.

Best,
Marty
marty1885

Re: Running ArchLinux|ARM on a ARM server

Postby moonman » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:58 pm

Welcome Marty.

I think the best way for device support would be submitting patches to the mainline kernel. For device to be officially supported by ArchLinuxARM kmihelich would have to have a device on hand (assuming he is interested in supporting it).
Pogoplug V4 | GoFlex Home | Raspberry Pi 4 4GB | CuBox-i4 Pro | ClearFog | BeagleBone Black | Odroid U2 | Odroid C1 | Odroid XU4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[armv5] Updated U-Boot | [armv5] NAND Rescue System
moonman
Developer

Postby marty1885 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:19 am

Thank you!

What about general packages? What's the process like to submit patches for ArchLinux|ARM? I have a few to get scientific computing software running on ARM. Some packages don't build correctly out of ABS, mostly due to how they are configured in ABS.
marty1885

Postby derekpittx » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:52 am

My Arch Linux ARM server have been running as my NAS while also doing scientific calculations occasionally.
derekpittx

Return to Community