Bluetooth solution for Blackberry Pi 4

This is for ARMv8 based devices

Bluetooth solution for Blackberry Pi 4

Postby VinnieThePooh » Tue May 12, 2020 1:53 pm

Well, actually it's a some kind of fork from

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14244#p63076

but its title is not good enough for one in search how to make bluetooth to work: something about faulty bluetooth highly likely doesn't interesting person who just has such problems, isn't it? :lol:
So, I made a slight change in btuart.sh and added PKGBUILD to make things easier. You need git package installed to make all things below.

1. Move to Your home directory
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '$ cd~')
2. Clone repository, go into the cloned folder and install all stuff on its place
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '$ git clone https://github.com/WTFThatPerson/bluetooth-rbp.git
$ cd bluetooth-rbp
$ makepkg -si
$ sudo reboot
$ sudo start hciuart
$ sudo enable hciuart
')
3. Enjoy :)
VinnieThePooh

Re: Bluetooth solution for Blackberry Pi 4

Postby Kabbone » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:49 am

One rule of Archlinux is, never install past the package manager, writing a PKGBUILD isn't really difficult and the files will be tracked by pacman ;)
Kabbone

Postby VinnieThePooh » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:18 pm

Not sure I understand completely what You mean. If You want to use makepkg, You should use PKGBUILD, and it IS at github, so it's used by makepkg as it supposed to be while You follow my post. If You like to use pacman always, just use makepkg -Acs instead of -si, so You'll end up with nice compiled package which one You can install by pacman -U. You talk about AUR maybe, not about PKGBUILD? If so, yes - I didn't mess with AUR just because I'm not a maintainer of that solution at any way, and I don't will to track all that things on repository. I tried to simplify turn on bluetooth for other peeps. that's all I did.
VinnieThePooh

Postby Kabbone » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:13 pm

Oh, I missread your post, missed somehow the makepkg and saw just make with my inner eye, sorry!
Ok, no more complains :D
Kabbone

Postby VinnieThePooh » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:35 pm

No problem :)
VinnieThePooh

Postby dokie80 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:53 am

hi thanks for the solution. i've been using linux for several years now, but usually using debian based distro mosly.
I've been searching for this bluetooth problem on rpi4, found several guides, but without success.

I followed your guide, but failed at step to start hciuart (not found), so i search about it, and found this web:
https://superuser.com/questions/1479002 ... th-headset
and followed it to:
https://gist.github.com/frankgould/db38 ... 65e346f8c5

and it works now. bluetooth mouse and headset working fine..
thanks alot.
dokie80

Return to ARMv8 Devices