Beagle Bone Black, Pololu Maestro ttyACMn

This forum is for topics dealing with problems with software specifically in the ARMv7h repo.

Beagle Bone Black, Pololu Maestro ttyACMn

Postby nsollars » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:27 pm

I have hooked up a pololu maestro 24 channel pwm / servo controller over usb / set the controller in usb mode. Now haven built a c++ wrapper library and libusb-1.0 and successfully put a test app together I have a nagging issue.

When running the test application as root and passing the required args the sero's on the channels move without issue and everything exits fine. Ive tested with 3 servo's on channels 0 1 and 2. But when I use my regular user the application core dumps and the library throws an error meaning that it was unable to open the pololu device. I am 100% sure that the dump is due to a null / no handle so would seem to be a permissions thing, also being that it works as root.

I added my user to a number of groups including uucp and tty also lock to no avail. I also did chmod 666 on both ttyACM0/1 from 660 just to test and I get the same result. I am thinking perhaps that there is another sub system perm in play but obviously having fun tracking it down. Any help / pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
nsollars

Re: Beagle Bone Black, Pololu Maestro ttyACMn

Postby nsollars » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:35 pm

Aint it always the way, after posting my issue I took a look at /dev/bus/usb/001 where I have 2 devices both were owned and grouped root:root with only read for all, a quick chown root:uucp solved this one.

Hopefully this may help others that bump into this..
nsollars

Return to ARMv7h