Constant Green Blicking Light

This forum is for all other ARMv5 devices

Constant Green Blicking Light

Postby syntaxing » Mon May 23, 2011 9:14 pm

I recently installed pluglinux into my pogoplug pro. After went very successful until I installed samba and rebooted the machine. After I rebooted, ssh connection dropped which didnt allow me to access the machine at all. I then formatted the harddrive I was using and extracting a new rootfs. I tried extracting the file in the instructions multiple ways such as using root, sudo, or just archive manager but all has failed. Whenever I turn my machine on, all I get is this constant green blinking on the status light. I was wondering if anyone can help me with this problem? Thank you very much!
syntaxing

Re: Constant Green Blicking Light

Postby slycat » Mon May 23, 2011 11:09 pm

From another post on this forum (under a different issue however):
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'insmod /lib/modules/2.6.31.6_SMP_820/kernel/xce.ko
rmmod /lib/modules/2.6.31.6_SMP_820/kernel/xce.ko')

This tells the hardware to call a stop to the flashing.

Check out http://Arch Linux ARM.com/index.php5/Talk:Hardware:_Pogoplug_Pro for info on LED control. Once the previous commands are run, this should work too.
Pogoplug Pro w/ Wireless User -> decomm.
Cubox-i4pro User
4TB eSATA HDD (8g/3700+ Sw/Storage)
Kodi / Transmission / Minidlna / Samba / Batch-audio-conversions / Lighttpd
------------------------------
Rollback Machine - Thanks to impatt
slycat

Postby syntaxing » Tue May 24, 2011 12:07 am

Oh wow! Thanks a lot slycat! For the longest time I thought the blinking light meant my new drive failed so I always unplugged the machine right away to stop wasting power. I tried ssh into my pogoplug and it worked! I guess the blinking light is just because of the hardware problem as you mentioned in your post!
syntaxing

Postby syntaxing » Tue May 24, 2011 3:30 am

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('slycat', 'F')rom another post on this forum (under a different issue however):
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'insmod /lib/modules/2.6.31.6_SMP_820/kernel/xce.ko
rmmod /lib/modules/2.6.31.6_SMP_820/kernel/xce.ko')

This tells the hardware to call a stop to the flashing.

Check out http://Arch Linux ARM.com/index.php5/Talk:Hardware:_Pogoplug_Pro for info on LED control. Once the previous commands are run, this should work too.

Which file should I add these line to in order to make the lights stop blinking every time it boots?
syntaxing

Postby slycat » Tue May 24, 2011 5:52 am

Don't thank me. WarheadsSE is the brains behind most of the oxnas support as well as the rest of the Dev team here. I'm no Dev, just a tech nerd.

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('syntaxing', 'W')hich file should I add these line to in order to make the lights stop blinking every time it boots?

Since I had to do a series of reboots earlier today (problems with udevd and hd-idle), before my last boot I edited my rc.local to look like this:
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'nano /etc/rc.local')
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '#!/bin/bash
#
# /etc/rc.local: Local multi-user startup script.
#

insmod /lib/modules/2.6.31.6_SMP_820/kernel/xce.ko
rmmod /lib/modules/2.6.31.6_SMP_820/kernel/xce.ko
bash proled green')

This file is read as a start-up script AFTER all other system commands and daemons (like fstab mounting and daemons added to the rc.conf file) have been done. I did this so once the light becomes solid green I know all the things I have set to start automatically are complete.
Also depending on the usb drive, I assume, after a reboot you may have to wait at least a minute or two before it will allow a connection from sshd. So if you're light is blinking, don't fret. Give it a minute (i timed mine to be 105s or so) before you can ssh in.
Pogoplug Pro w/ Wireless User -> decomm.
Cubox-i4pro User
4TB eSATA HDD (8g/3700+ Sw/Storage)
Kodi / Transmission / Minidlna / Samba / Batch-audio-conversions / Lighttpd
------------------------------
Rollback Machine - Thanks to impatt
slycat

Postby WarheadsSE » Tue May 24, 2011 12:40 pm

Essentially, Slycat is spot on.

When I have the chance to get an updated rootfs/installer together (which includes P21/V3 support) I will be adding this to the automatic setup scripts, like set-oxnas-mac that is run from rc.conf.
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby syntaxing » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:02 pm

Thank you both slycant and WarheadsSE! My Pogoplug has been fast and stable! Thank you for both of your help!
syntaxing

Postby syntaxing » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:53 pm

After updating my pogoplug pro to the newest version released I can't seem to find the xce.ko :(. I was wondering where I might be able to find this or do I have to find it online and put it into the correct folders?
syntaxing

Postby WarheadsSE » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:18 pm

You'll have to get xce.ko, but I think I can find it around here somewhere...
Core Developer
Remember: Arch Linux ARM is entirely community donation supported!
WarheadsSE
Developer

Postby braklisz » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:55 am

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('syntaxing', 'A')fter updating my pogoplug pro to the newest version released I can't seem to find the xce.ko :(. I was wondering where I might be able to find this or do I have to find it online and put it into the correct folders?

Try extracting the following CE binaries [snip] to /usr/local/cloudengines/ directory.

I missed this piece of information somehow, that is if you mess up your rootfs and use one from the tarball, it'll be missing cloudengine binaries that are copied from the original pogo fs during the conversion process. xce.ko is among those.

Perhaps that info could be somehow added to the wiki? After all there's a 'HELP! It stopped working!' procedure where you're told to format the FS (loosing the original CE binaries) and just extract the FS tarball. Until I inspected the install script and asked a friend to copy the binaries from his pogoplug I was stuck with the constantly blinking disco light :)

Admin edit: CloudEngines has let us know that sharing their proprietary binaries amounts to piracy, which we do not allow on Arch Linux ARM.
braklisz

Next

Return to Community Supported