Is there such a thing as the "best" Arch Linux installer?

This forum is for discussion about general software issues.

Is there such a thing as the "best" Arch Linux installer?

Postby yadav12 » Tue May 25, 2021 6:51 am

I adore Arch and perform a lot of vanilla Arch instals, but it gets old after a while. I'm experimenting with it, therefore I'm doing a lot of reinstalls and doing them on different PCs. I also use vanilla Arch on my main boxes, and I keep them up to date (no reinstalls there).

I'm solely interested in the Arch base installation, Gnome, Pipewire, and Wayland (or Xorg if using nVidia driver). Everything else is something I can do manually. Which installer/distro comes closest to a vanilla Arch instal, according to the Arch community?

So far, ArcoLinux, EndeavourOS, and Anarchy have risen to the top of my Google searches.

Is there a script that I can use to instal Arch on a vanilla ISO?

Update: As some have pointed out, the official ISO now includes a new archinstall.sh script. It performs a decent job, but I discovered that even with an AMD/ATI GPU, it still utilises Xorg for Gnome. How do I make the conversion to Wayland? Wayland does not appear to be installed on the script. 192.168.8.1
Last edited by yadav12 on Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
yadav12

Re: Is there such a thing as the "best" Arch Linux installer

Postby graysky » Tue May 25, 2021 10:08 am

Are you asking for Arch or Arch ARM. They are different distros.

yadav12 wrote:So far, ArcoLinux, EndeavourOS, and Anarchy have risen to the top of my Google searches.

None of these listed are Arch. These are also different distros.
graysky

Return to General