[Bitcoin] Process-sharing for Virtual Currency

Talk about the project itself, the community, where we are and what we need. Great place to introduce yourself and make friends as well.

[Bitcoin] Process-sharing for Virtual Currency

Postby slycat » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:26 am

So what is it? A lot has been going on back and forth through the Arch Linux ARM twitter page and I became curious. What does it mean to the community of plug computers that are booted 24/7? I've personally read into the opportunity, but am not sure if want. Anyone here dabiling in this digital moneypit-tree? And if so, what have you done so far with this new generation of processing-power-profit?
Pogoplug Pro w/ Wireless User -> decomm.
Cubox-i4pro User
4TB eSATA HDD (8g/3700+ Sw/Storage)
Kodi / Transmission / Minidlna / Samba / Batch-audio-conversions / Lighttpd
------------------------------
Rollback Machine - Thanks to impatt
slycat

Re: [Bitcoin] Process-sharing for Virtual Currency

Postby DePingus » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:33 am

I've read several lengthy articles about BTC lately and all have left me with the questions to these answers!
Thanks!!!
DePingus

Re: [Bitcoin] Process-sharing for Virtual Currency

Postby Parsa » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:15 am

$this->bbcode_second_pass_quote('mikestaszel', ' ')With a $110 AMD Radeon 5830, I make about 0.75 Bitcoins a day. Sure, it takes extra power to run, but if you have a desktop with a PCI-E slot, you're in business

Thanks for the info! what speed are you getting for that?

I have been mining on a ndvidia 9600GT using pheonix for the last few hours and its'only running at 16.70 Mhash/sec.. I saw on the bitcoin.org forum someone was kinda sad he was only getting 130 Mhash/sec.. so I am assuming I need a new card :)
PogoPlug v2 Pink
Parsa

Return to Community