Problems with cold boot

This forum is for Marvell Kirkwood devices such as the GoFlex Home/Net, PogoPlug v1/v2, SheevaPlug, and ZyXEL devices.

Problems with cold boot

Postby CombatCQB » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:35 am

I've noticed that my pogoplug v1 always fails to boot into Arch from a cold boot. (power failure, power cycle, etc.) Once the pogoplug boots into its pogoplug OS, I can SSH into it and just type reboot and it'll boot into Arch.

I assume this might be due to my Arch install on a usb stick and some timing issue with loading drivers.

I'm thinking the solution should be a script that runs if the pogoplug OS loads. This would mean Arch failed to boot and the script will just reboot the plug with a one minute buffer in case I want to SSH into the pogoplug OS.

Is this the right way to solve this issue?
CombatCQB

Re: Problems with cold boot

Postby bodhi » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:57 am

Likely the USB stick is the problem. See this previous post about this subject here: http://archlinuxarm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1530&p=9018#p8950.
bodhi

Postby hydro » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:32 am

I had the same problem on my DockStar. A solution that worked for me was posted here.
$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', '
fw_setenv bootcmd 'usb start; usb stop; usb start; run force_rescue_bootcmd; run ubifs_bootcmd; run usb_bootcmd; usb stop; run rescue_bootcmd; run pogo_bootcmd; reset'
')
VDR on DockStar / Pogoplug E02: http://linux.bplaced.net/
hydro

Postby ant129 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:21 pm

Thanks Hydro that fixed my problem too. I had the same issue but with a 10 gig hard drive partition.
Noob alert!
Pogoplug v2 (not pink but grey)
Subsonic
ant129

Return to Marvell Kirkwood