Hifiberry and RPI 3B

Ask questions about Arch Linux ARM. Please search before making a new topic.

Hifiberry and RPI 3B

Postby Horus » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:09 pm

Hello,

For my RPI 3B I'm using the image ArchLinuxARM-rpi-3-latest.tar.gz, aarch64 architecture.

I have added the Hifiberry DAC+ Pro to my Raspberry Pi 3B. It works fine using Raspbian and the guide at https://www.hifiberry.com/build/documen ... ux-3-18-x/ which tells to remove dtparam=audio=on from config.txt and add dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplus.

But at Arch ARM it just results in just the HDMI interface as sound.

I have found no up to date documentation on how to enable the DAC+. Some guides mention loading modules like snd_soc_hifiberry_dac, but the modules are not installed. Though I also read that the necessary modules are in the mainline kernels now. I also read about disabling modules that are not even loaded...

I have no problem compiling my own kernel, if it is necessary, but I have no idea what modules to additionally enable? Also, what is the recommended way to build a kernel, based on the default kernel?

asp does not seem to work at Arch ARM. Is there a way to download all sources files from https://archlinuxarm.org/packages/aarch64/linux-aarch64 ?

Sorry about so many question... Thanks!

Florian
Horus

Re: Hifiberry and RPI 3B

Postby technosf » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:52 am

Check out the RuneAudio -

Here's my config.txt taht deals with audio:

Code: Select all
#dtparam=i2c_arm=on
#dtparam=i2c_vc=on
dtparam=i2s=on
#dtparam=spi=on
#dtparam=act_led_trigger=mmc
#dtdebug=on

#dtparam=uart1=off
dtoverlay=pi3-disable-bt-overlay
#dtoverlay=pi3-miniuart-bt-overlay

## RuneAudio HDMI & 3,5mm jack
dtparam=audio=on

## RuneAudio I2S-Settings
dtoverlay=hifiberry-digi
NSA325 | PogoE02 | Rasberry Pi | Banana Pi R1
technosf

Re: Hifiberry and RPI 3B

Postby nezhac » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:17 am

What exactly are you trying to play audio through?
I had gotten a RPi 2 working with a hifiberry dac+ in kodi, I can go and find the boot config for that. If I remember correctly the only thing I had to change was something like a dt-overlay in the boot config, then kodi found the hifiberry output and I could select it.
nezhac

Return to User Questions