The world’s first big.LITTLE architecture based bare-board computer, the ODROID-XU provides the latest technologies available to consumers in an incredibly small package. The board also ships in its own custom translucent case.
Features of the board include:
- Exynos5 Octa Cortex™-A15 1.6Ghz quad core and Cortex™-A7 quad core CPUs
- PowerVR SGX544MP3 GPU (OpenGL ES 2.0, OpenGL ES 1.1 and OpenCL 1.1 EP)
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM
- USB 3.0 Host x 1, USB 3.0 OTG x 1, USB 2.0 Host x 4
- Micro HDMI 1.4a output Type-D connector
- Displayport connector
- eMMC 4.5 Flash Storage
- 3.5mm audio jack
- MIPI LCD and 30-pin IO connectors
- ARMv7 Cortex-A15
- Samsung Exynos 5410 1.6GHz
- Micro SD
Note: The mainline kernel is now being used for this device. Video output and the USB 3.0 port are currently non-operable.
Micro SD Card Creation
- Insert a micro SD card into your computer and record which device identifier it is (dmesg | tail)
- Make sure it's not mounted (umount /dev/sdX* or umount /dev/mmcblk*)
- Write the bootloader files (this will clear out any pre-existing partitions):
dd if=xuboot.img of=/dev/sdX
- Start fdisk to partition the SD card:
- At the fdisk prompt, create the new partitions:
- Type n, then p for primary, 1 for the first partition on the drive, ENTER to accept the default starting sectors, and +100M for the ending sector.
- Type t to set the type, then c to set it to FAT.
- Type n, then p for primary, 2 for the second partition, and press ENTER twice to accept default values.
- Exit by typing w.
- Create and mount the vfat filesystem:
mount /dev/sdX1 boot
- Create and mount the ext4 filesystem:
mount /dev/sdX2 root
- Download and extract the root filesystem (as root, not via sudo):
bsdtar -xpf ArchLinuxARM-odroid-xu-latest.tar.gz -C root
- Copy boot files to the boot partition:
cp root/boot/* boot
- Unmount the partitions:
umount boot root
- Set the boot switches on the ODROID-XU board to boot from SD:
- With the board oriented so you can read the ODROID-XU on the silkscreen, locate the two tiny switches to the left of the ethernet jack.
- The first switch (left) should be in the off position, which is down.
- The second switch (right) should be in the on position, which is up.
- Insert the micro SD card into the XU, connect ethernet, and apply power.
- SSH to the IP given to the XU by your router.
- Login as the default user alarm with the password alarm.
- The default root password is root.